PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 06-29-2015, 05:11 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumdragon View Post
thank you, peter, for your kind compliments :-) the val is a great subject for 'old school' liveries and colours; i may in time produce something from a different operator to keep this one company :-)

plumdragon
tease !
Old 06-29-2015, 05:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Fonts ans Adverts

For the benefit of Art Deco, or anyone else interested, this little group of adverts show, well, the adverts I make for some of my buses. A lot of the lettering is 'hand drawn' although I make use of computer fonts as well, though seldom without at least a little squeezing or shaping. A lot of fonts in ads are surprisingly unique to the manufacturer of the product, and despite the fact I now have a 'stock' of nearly 500 different types, not many advertising companies or makers of goods oblige me with 'off-the-shelf' fonts!

Plumdragon
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Buses-ad-1.jpg  
Old 06-29-2015, 05:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
And briefly, for the benefit of others (you'll know who you are!) a Barton Val seems a quite different kettle of fish - more doors, more windows, different style body, plenty of shiny trim, as an admittedly quick search on the 'net revelaed. Not too many decent photographs to work from too. But, it's early days yet! Nice colours, though, and at least the wheel arrangement is the same :-D Art Deco already suggested a steam bus.... :-)

Plumdragon
Old 07-04-2015, 02:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Hi Plumdragon,
For your information there are some simple models of buses (and tramways and subways) of the Brussels public transport company on their site for kids called mobili dot be, under the button "knutsel met ..." or in French "Bricole avec...".
As I said, they are simple.

I'll try to attach a link here