PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 06-15-2015, 01:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Paper Buses

Hello Friends

After playing with trains for quite a while, I though I would turn my hand to another great interest of mine, P.S.V's, or Public Service Vehicles, or plain old Buses if you prefer Having worked as a coachbuilder on the things for over 20 years on and off, it's only natural I have an affinity with them; here is a Tyne & Wear MCW Metrobus, although my old stamping ground was in Sheffield, so the bulk of my earlier designs are from that area.

The model itself is a little over 1" wide, and is no particular scale but probably about 3mm/ft. So it's not much use to railway fans I like this size, as I can just about get away with not having separate wheels etc that would complicate the build, although the linework is usually down at the 1px wide level and a lot of the fonts are ridiculously small, like 0.6px. There are no mirrors on it, as the model's on display in a local hobby shop and the they were the first things to drop off!

In our country, there is a total ban on tobacco advertising, so the bus had to have something along those lines just to annoy the PC Brigade Besides, this sort of advertising was very common back in the day, and suits the model well, I think.

The Bedford VAL twin-steer coach is a current work in progress, a vintage vehicle from our local bus company's fleet. This vehicle is still extant, I believe, but hasn't been seen around here for years and years....

There are more buses in the fleet if anyone would like to see others, although I warn you in advance that the picture qualities are variable

Enjoy!
Plumdragon
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Buses-tw-1.jpg   Paper Buses-tw-2.jpg   Paper Buses-tw-3.jpg   Paper Buses-san-1.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-15-2015, 08:59 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Enjoyed those. Thank you!

And I would certainly like to see some more!
Old 06-15-2015, 09:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Here is some Hong Kong bus, if anyone like to add them to your bus collection.

Paper Bus Connection – ????? Hong Kong ??
http://chiukitng.tripod.com/
Old 06-15-2015, 10:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great busses, Plumdragon.The single-decker bears in color and shape a passing resemblance to the 1940s and 1950s Baltimore Transit Company busses of my youth. I for one would like to see more.

Don
Old 06-15-2015, 11:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.54 GB
I like these too
Buses are the First models I go for to Download!!
Are either of these being offered or are they 1-Off/Custom Built??

The twin-Steer would be of Most interest to me.
How about one Painted for the Original "The Italian Job" Movie!!
Maybe With the 3 Mini's To load inside!!!

I actually had a friction plastic toy of a Twin-Steer MANY years ago,
But it did not survive my childhood!!
(Most of us can say that about particular toys can't we!!)
Google Adsense
Old 06-15-2015, 11:29 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Wow, quite a collection of buses there. I may actually download a few myself.
Thanks for the link.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:05 PM

More Twinsteer and an old Sheffield 'decker

Firstly, thank you gentlemen for your comments; very much appreciated as ever although for the time being, Dan, these will remain one-offs, sorry!

Secondly, and I hope this is not taken on the wrong way, the links to the websites for paper bus models is nothing to do with me. It's not my work, I don't endorse the models (nice though they are) and with the greatest respect to Richschindler and anyone else, I would be grateful if comments in this thread are confined to what I'm doing, or I'm going to get really confused

Anyway, the Bedford was finished today at the craft club down the local hobby shop/cafe (how nice it is to sit for a couple of hours, build a paper model, have some tea and a chat - even though everyone else knits!) To my eye, it's a rather handsome machine, although the Italian Job VAL has a different body. And the Mini's would be very very small indeed! Food for thought, though....

For Kevin and Don, then, here is a Sheffield Transport Daimler Fleetline which dates from 1962. I remember traveling on it regularly as a young man, and it was a venerable old tub even then. Although calls were made regarding it's preservation (being, I think, the last of it's kind by 1979) it went the way of nearly all the other old buses, being sold for scrap.

And this will be the first of the apologies for picture quality, as they were taken five years ago now I'm pleased that the linework on the model still bears up reasonably well, although the grainy card used to build it certainly wouldn't pass muster these days!

I will have a trawl around my photo library and see what else turns up....

Plumdragon
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Buses-san-2.jpg   Paper Buses-san-3.jpg   Paper Buses-952.jpg  
Old 06-15-2015, 03:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Nothing to apologize for regarding picture quality. There is a certain nostalgic atmospheric quality to the images, which are plenty sharp and clear enough to allow for full appreciation of the models.

Don
Old 06-15-2015, 03:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 342.62 MB
do you have any for Oxford??? by chance and would want to share it..or point me to a place i could buy one...as i need it for a friend from there..thank you, kindly Pam
Old 06-16-2015, 06:12 AM

Ah, thanks Don :-) I shall refrain from further apologies (which will save space!)

Hello again Pam :-) As with my trains models, it's unlikely I shall be making these available for download, for reasons I have said before, sorry. The models you see here are built from the finished artwork of course, but cobbled together for printing. To make a 'kit' which I deem presentably finished takes a lot more effort; instructions, assembling the pieces into a sensible layout, resizing files etc all take time and more importantly more brain-effort than I can muster at present (being still very fatigued following my illness)

Besides, Oxford is a big County, with probably a century of public transport history - your choice is vast :-D I would suggest you do an 'image search' on the 'net for paper model buses and 'Oxford' to see what may turn up :-)

Plumdragon
Google Adsense