PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 08-03-2009, 07:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Trumpy,
Any Verne fan is a friend of mine! The models in this ABC special vary from relatively simple to relatively difficult. The Steam House is not a good place to begin. The Diving suit and the "Sword" submarine are favorites of mine and fairly easy to build.
There aren't a lot of Verne paper models available, but there are some. If you're a fan of the Disney "20,000 Leagues" you may want to try your hand at this one;
Paper Models
It's down toward the bottom. There's another one here (I prefer this one);
http://jleslie48.com/gallery_models_scifi.html
Second one down.
The Steam house doesn't seem all that hard, it's just that the Czech instructions leave something to be desired. You should definitely start on something simpler, just to keep the frustration level down.
This is a good site for an introduction to paper modeling;
Card Modeling FAQ
Here's hoping you find that you're addicted as much as the rest of us! There are a lot of free Sci Fi models on the internet, if that's what you're into. You'll find this corner of the hobby filled with good folk who want to help, so don't be shy about asking questions.
Good luck!
Chris
Old 08-04-2009, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Trumpy,
Yep I received my Jules Verne ABC magazine special through Jimbo's website. I have not started making any of the models yet. This thread prompted me to get the magazine out again and look at the various models. The artillery piece Dělo v Býčí věži caught my eye. That one, along with all the others, is in the ever increasing queue of models to be made, soon as I get a roundtuit. This build thread shows how good looking those models can turn out to be.

There was also those part numbers in red circles that brought up a question. I saw nothing in the information/instruction pages that explained them. Seems like, as indicated by eatcrow2, that those parts should be laminated to make them a bit thicker.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
"Have also used a cheap clear hair spray for the same purpose.."

Yes, the favorite fixitive for lo-buck (are there any other kind?) art students for pastels and charcoal drawings. Used many cans in my life drawing classes.