PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 01-02-2016, 10:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
It is fun that you come up with this idea Rich as I tought about it myself about 2 or 3 months ago. What I had in mind tough was a life size Pontiac indian chief ornaments from the 1930's trough the 1950's. These were true work of arts (those with the light head were the best looking to me). The problem is that if you do not have one on hand, pictures are about the only reference material you can find and designing a decent model with correct proportions from pictures only is quite a challenge. Matched to a stylish base that incorporates some key elements of the cars design, it would certainly make an interesting and different model.

Cami
Old 01-03-2016, 12:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 98.87 MB
These things would look cool if you could print them on the red river silver paper if they made it still.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I was looking at the 1940's to '50's Buick hood ornaments, and started thinking of Vulcan warp ships for some reason...
Old 01-03-2016, 12:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.27 GB
Richkat,

If you could find or make a 3d file of the hood ornament you might be able to get someone to 3d print one for you. Aleph Objects (https://www.alephobjects.com/) makers of the lulzbot 3d printer recently announced that they have a printing material which is stainless steel in a plastic matrix it could look pretty good that way.

BTW our local library in Ft Collins has a lulzbot 3d printer that library patrons can schedule a printing session on for the cost of the printing medium (3D Printing: Poudre River Public Library District) although I think they only print with a biodegradeable white material.

Cheers

Formerly Styrene

aka David

Tags
find, hood, olds, paper, rich, ordament