PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 04-13-2016, 04:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
1910 B Type Bus

Hello I'm Simon and have just joined. I've recently become interested in card modelling and my first buy is of a late 70's kit in 1/20th scale of a WW1 bus (the ones they painted green and shipped to France as troop carriers). It's not for the faint hearted and I'm thinking of scanning it then I can make plenty of mistakes and not worry...
Attached Thumbnails
1910 B Type Bus-b-type.jpg   1910 B Type Bus-img_1730.jpg   1910 B Type Bus-img_1726.jpg   1910 B Type Bus-img_1727.jpg   1910 B Type Bus-img_1728.jpg  

1910 B Type Bus-img_1725.jpg   1910 B Type Bus-img_1729.jpg   1910 B Type Bus-img_1732.jpg   1910 B Type Bus-img_1733.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-13-2016, 07:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Definitely scan first and work from that. It is too beautiful to make a mistake on.

Also, if there are any particular changes you would like to make to the model, you can use an image program to make changes.

I don't see the company name that did the kit. Who made this one?

Best of luck
Old 04-13-2016, 08:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great subject! Vermin King gives good advice. I look forward to seeing images as you put this one together.

Don
Old 04-13-2016, 09:19 AM

Hello yes it was made by Time Travellers in the UK. Can't find anything on the internet about them. The sheets are cut and scored. The built model ends up as 14" long.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
I've built this kit.

It goes together very well and is impressive.

Looking forward to seeing your build of it

Tim
Google Adsense
Old 04-13-2016, 04:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Got the old Airfix 1/32 plastic kit of this, but one in 1/20 card would be excellent. Will be watching your build while searching the auctions for one.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:38 AM

I would like to make it available for free download sometime for individual modellers if there wouldn't be a problem with copyright? It has a comprehensive instruction sheet and I think it could be enlarged to around 1/15th scale without noticing a fall in print quality. Having been wrapped up all these years I did notice some of the black print had stuck to the stiffening card packaging so I would clean that up first in the photo programme as well as correct general imperfections in the printing. I would also make parts like the number plates and numbers on the engine cover sides available seperately so they could be thickened up first and then applied. I remember my dad making one of these years ago and the colours faded fast after he left it on the window sill! I would use more conservation grade materials than those used in the original kit (acid free card (eg picture framing mountboard for the base material)/original Canon inks/uv clear coating). Just for interest (I hope it's OK to show it here) I've started building a 3.5 foot radio control model of this bus by scaling up the airfix kit. I have to use thin ply because of weight and will thicken the parts of it where the edges are on view (like the sides in front of the cabin).
Attached Thumbnails
1910 B Type Bus-1910b.jpg  

Last edited by fozzle; 04-14-2016 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 152.73 MB
Un modelo bellisimo!!!
Old 04-15-2016, 10:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.54 GB
If you are talking about one YOU draw/design based on
the old Airfix plastic kit, then Yes you Can post it as a Free download
BUT scans of a Purchased kit NO
That is Piracy, and would likely get you kicked off the forum.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:03 PM

Yes it obviously goes without saying to get permission first. Absolutely. I can't find any info on the internet about the model and there's no address with the kit, 'Time Travellers' and 'produced in the Uk' is all I've got to go on at the moment. The airfix model still seems popular and it would be a shame if this was lost forever. Anyway I've started printing the parts and hope to post my progress on here soon. It's my first card model and am using satin photo paper on card. I have an embossing tool which is good for making the creases and I may even put glazing behind the windows!
Google Adsense