PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 12-10-2016, 04:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Don:
#11 is up a one pager I think a mini version of the one you are working on so you will be the goto guy on how to do the front end under the tires pick up and tow rig.
Enjoy,
Miles
Old 12-10-2016, 05:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quick comment on the topic of working websites and links.

This is the one and only link that has been posted so far that works for me:
racepaper.de - germany - bremen -- Predes (C)2000-2003

It works perfectly, loads in under 1-2 seconds.

I just opened it in Firefox...with Adblock Plus, Malwarebytes and Avira webpage protection all running at max settings.
I get no warnings of "dodgy" sites or malware issues.
I'm in Canada, with Internet that is on par with Tibetan servers.

Other posted links in this thread don't work at all.
Just seem like dead links to me.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
This is what I got since November 28.

Papermate
Attached Thumbnails
Volker's Advent calendar.-img_6257.jpg  
Old 12-10-2016, 05:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Papermate - I am sorry about the problems you and the other Southern Hemisphere friends are having this year.

Dave and everyone – Not to confuse things, but this is the link that I have been using successfully from 40° 10’ (+40.17) N; 77° 15’ (77.25) W (Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA): http://www.racepaper.de/race/xmas/xmas2016.htm

Miles – Yes. Number 11 has a similar towing apparatus, but the way it works is not intuitively obvious to me. I will have to study it carefully.

Meanwhile, a few more questions:

First image: I don’t know what the two white rectangles in the cab pieces are for. At first, I thought the top one was a cut-out to fit over the chassis, and cut it out for that purpose, but that turned out not to be the case. The top and bottom of the cab fit together and the white rectangles seem to be irrelevant. I hope so, now that I have the cab glued up.

First and second images: I do not know what purpose the white tabs (red arrows) serve, especially since the one in the second image interferes with seating the body onto the chassis.

Third image: I added a tab to strengthen the attachment of the book sleeve to the aft assembly.

Fourth image: Just to show progress. The chassis, cab, and rear body are not yet glued together. I will await info on the purpose of the tabs.

Fifth image: Still trying to puzzle out how the towing apparatus goes together. I am thinking the two thick flat-iron-shaped pieces (A1. A2) go on either side of the end of the boom with a pin through the holes and that they attach to the “spectacle” device. Can’t figure out the purpose of the two red-oxide-colored L-shaped pieces (B), the gray cylinder, (C), or the axles (D).

Sixth image: Still no idea what the red-oxide strips are for.

Cheers,

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Volker's Advent calendar.-volker_advent2016-b16-15.jpg   Volker's Advent calendar.-volker_advent2016-b16-16.jpg   Volker's Advent calendar.-volker_advent2016-b16-17.jpg   Volker's Advent calendar.-volker_advent2016-b16-18.jpg   Volker's Advent calendar.-volker_advent2016-b16-19.jpg  

Volker's Advent calendar.-volker_advent2016-b16-20.jpg  
Old 12-10-2016, 06:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Try this one Dave streetpaper.de

This is a bookmark I took in 2008. Never let me down yet. Except for the odd times that Volker is working on the site of course, but an hours wait is all that's called for.

All the guys reporting problems are in the Southern hemisphere. Australia, Tasmania, Hong Kong, Philippines, and a few more in South America. It's a strange one this. Even back in the days when I played the Satcom tapping and blocking games, we never succeeded in blocking a whole hemisphere from just two sites. They only seem to be having trouble with Racepaper.de and Streetpaper.de. Dunno if they can get through to his Facebook page or not though. No one's complained about that ... https://www.facebook.com/groups/123897100963175/
Old 12-10-2016, 10:46 PM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
I'm using the same one as John, and I've been able to load all 11 so far without a glitch.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.41 MB
help ??

Don .. this help any ??

my guess at assembly...
Attached Thumbnails
Volker's Advent calendar.-sub-1.jpg  
Old 12-11-2016, 09:50 AM

Laughsplace - Your approach makes sense to me and is consistent with some of the thoughts I have been having. I will give it a try this afternoon.

Still need info on the red-oxide axles and strips.

Also, am curious about the two sets of extended wheel hubs. I do not see them on any images of the real Mercedes-Benz Arocs 4263 recovery vehicle, although I have found extened front wheel hubs in one image of tanker version of the Arocs: https://c8.staticflickr.com/6/5579/1...4b0d48a4_z.jpg I am leaning toward leaving these items off.

Meanwhile, an image to show that progress continues, albeit slowly. Still haven't glued up the major assemblies, but will have the wheels and emergency light assembly on today, and will experiment with the spectacle towing apparatus based on Laughspace's advice.

Does anyone have an i.d. on the blue 1930's era vehicle and/or on Number 11?

I anticipate that the 1954 Mercedes-Benz Renntransporter will show up eventually. I hope so.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Volker's Advent calendar.-volker_advent2016-b16-21.jpg  
Old 12-11-2016, 10:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
If you look on the streetpaper home page, X-MAS 2016 is highlighted in red. Click on it and there are pictures of the models so far, which have a title under them. Would you believe the blue one is a 1960 vehicle?

Latest day 11 hasn't been posted here yet though.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:25 AM

Thanks, Johnny! I had been looking for those images, but couldn't find them until you provided explicit guidance.

The image of the 1960 LS helps a lot. I was wondering where all those trays fit in! But the side view of the Actros (not Arocs, as I had thought) doesn't provide much help on the towing apparatus. The image you posted earlier WAS helpful.

Don
Google Adsense