PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 02-10-2017, 07:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Very cool. This is why I love paper and scratch-builts. There are so many different different techniques depending on the builder and ways to design and construct. If you make a mistake you just scrap and start again. Also really like the use of coloured paper and card.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:31 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Truly excellent work.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.58 MB
Cool After a fight with the elements

Some progress...
Attached Thumbnails
cadillac eldorado 67 improvisation-dscn7335.jpg   cadillac eldorado 67 improvisation-dscn7339.jpg   cadillac eldorado 67 improvisation-dscn7341.jpg   cadillac eldorado 67 improvisation-dscn7342.jpg   cadillac eldorado 67 improvisation-dscn7344.jpg  

cadillac eldorado 67 improvisation-dscn7345.jpg  
Old 02-23-2017, 11:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Lookin' good Lukke. This is gonna be a top class model.

Has anyone following this ever driven one of these? I came close to getting a go of a Toronado once, but the damn thing refused to start.

I'd just love to know what a big V8 feels like through a front wheel drive transmission. Some friends and I once succeeded in grafting a Rover 3.5 onto a Citroen DS transmission, but last time I saw it no-one had figured a way round the one forward - four reverse gear problem. Other than that it was a good looking mod, and we were sure it would have shoehorned back into the DS OK. That should have cured the inherent under-powered performance of the D models, but it was not to be.

Fitting the head off an early low compression engine onto a later high compression one did sorta up the compression ratio considerably though. Not sure how, but it didn't blow itself apart, and 120 mph was achieved on the Deutsche Autobahns. That old Goddess took a few Mercs and Jags by surprize.

Ahh, those were the days my friend.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:30 AM

Thanks Johnny. Me neither. In Belgium taxes on big engined cars are way to high for a modest guy like me. I had a few occasions to drive a big s-class 560sel and smaller for my job at the importer of Mercedes in Belgium. Then later on when I worked undirectly for GM-USA I drove very shortly a few Cadillac STS'ses and Corvettes. I did 10 car shows in Europe including London and Birmingham, that was something. I love the feel of a big V8 it drives by itself in almost any circumstance. The DS23 though was once elected early 70's I believe as best travelling car in the world and for reason. Still it was underpowered as most European cars that are actually mopeds with four wheels, clutching, gear shifting like a lunatic thinking you got a hell of a car. Yes in your dreams maybe! Short People of Randy Newman seems to express it very well, something like: In their little cars going beep beeb beep...
Anyway, as long I can depend on the car bringing me where I need to be it's not so bad even though it feels like a moped, who cares.
See you,
Luc
Google Adsense
Old 02-24-2017, 05:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.52 MB
Very Nice Lukke. Are you going to put in the seats dashboards steering wheel etc?
Old 02-24-2017, 05:24 AM

Thanks Hrogers.
Oh yes it will be the icing on this cake for shore. I am thinking salmon colored leatherlook upholstery.
Grtz, Luc
Old 02-24-2017, 05:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.52 MB
Can't wait to see it !! Love your model

When your done maybe I can asked for a free model so I can also try and build it

Henry

Henry dot Rogers at eskom dot co dot za

Last edited by rickstef; 02-24-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 34.74 MB
to hrogers you can't put your e-mail here on the post!

rick told us all you can get banned! but yes! you can p.m. it to him! asked rick he will help you out!
Old 02-24-2017, 08:35 AM

Who is Rick?
Google Adsense

Tags
cadillac, cadillac eldorado 67, lukke49, model, papermodel