PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 09-19-2017, 04:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.28 MB
Maserati 250F (1957)

Hi
I built this last weekend. The author of the model is Paul Chenard. You have a pic in very low resolution of the template on his web, here.
But you can find a better copy of the template here.
From the beginning, there are several problems with this model:
- The template is low resolution. Still, it doesn't look too bad on A4.
- There are not instructions.
- You only have these two pictures, low resolution too, as reference. And I didn't find pictures of this model built by anybody else.
Then, when you try to build it, you find more problems: There are some small pieces missing. In the pictures posted in the author's web you can see some details that are not in the template:
- a small spoiler before the rear wheels.
- the back of the seat.
- the wheels, following the template, should be directly glued on the car bodywork, but then it would be impossible to put them in paralel.
I didn't like the pilot, but then I discovered that it had a mission: to hide parts of the car.

I am satisfied with the solutions and ideas I got to build the model. Of course, the execution of the model is subpar. I still need to improve much.
Alright, my ideas:
- Print a second copy of the template, mirrored. It will be used for pieces and to cover the white back of some parts.
- Cut the bed and the laterals of the car in the mirrored template and glue them on the back of the normal pieces.
- Cut the spoiler, windbreaker and exhaust pipe in the mirrored image and glue them on the other parts.
- Cut from somewhere in the mirrored template a red piece to cover the white back of the yellow nose of the car. If you don't do that, it will be white and look ugly.
- Cut from somewhere in the mirrored template a makeshift seat back to close the hole behind where the pilot should be. I used the reddish part of the bed of the car.
- Makeshift axes for the 4 wheels. I used the pneumatics of the wheels in the mirrored copy. I cut them, I folded them in half lengthways, rolled them and glued them. I made a section cut on the rear axis so the rear wheels would be in line with the front wheels.
- In the normal template, paint black the back of the tip of the air intake.

In minimodel.cz there is a template for another Maserati 250F.
Attached Thumbnails
Maserati 250F (1957)-maserati-f250.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-19-2017, 07:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I had thought of doing this once, but I decided I'd have to adjust too many things. You overcame well
Old 09-24-2017, 06:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via ICQ to cooler Send a message via Skype™ to cooler
Why not to choose this one from W.M.C.?
Maserati 250F (1957)-maserati-250f-1957.jpg Maserati 250F (1957)-maserati-250f-1957-1-.jpg Maserati 250F (1957)-maserati-250f-1957-2-.jpg Maserati 250F (1957)-maserati-250f-1957-3-.jpg

It looks much better.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.28 MB
Hi cooler
Two reasons: One, I didn't know that version existed when I tried this one. And two: I am still a beginner and the version you suggest is too complicated to me.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via ICQ to cooler Send a message via Skype™ to cooler
Believe me it's not too complicated as you might think (rated at level 2 out of 5).
Just apply a little bit of accuracy and never rush.
"Fear in your eyes gives strength to your hands".
Google Adsense
Old 09-24-2017, 11:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 172.42 MB
I fondly remember an old B/W film of Fangio wrestling this beast around a road course. Wow.