PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 01-18-2019, 06:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
The extra details really make it.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
There used to be a beautiful kit of the 2CV made by a French company called Cartokit. I saw a video on YouTube which shows how beautiful this model is. Perhaps the best card model of this most famous automobile. Is this model still available?
Old 01-19-2019, 03:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
There used to be a beautiful kit of the 2CV made by a French company called Cartokit. I saw a video on YouTube which shows how beautiful this model is. Perhaps the best card model of this most famous automobile. Is this model still available?

Some information about the CartoKit 2CV

http://babone5go2.blogspot.com/2017/07/2cv-cartokit.html
Old 01-19-2019, 03:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 613.72 MB
Hi Pete, hi John,

I got both of these kits (saloon and delivery van) plus a prototype for the Mehari which AFAIK never made it into a bigger print run. Acquired them about 14 years ago at the international Citroen drivers meeting in Interlaken /Switzerland directly from the designer, an extremely friendly elderly gentleman. Looks like I got some treasures by now.

There was an amusing story tied to them: When I crossed back into Germany with my quaint little Citroen Visa filled with camping equipment and more I got asked if I imported anything. Being a conscientious man, I replied: "Yes, 3 paper model kits of old cars." Puzzled, the huge customs officer demanded in a rather imperative tone I should show them to him. O.K., no problem. The officer disappeared into the customs office, came back a few minutes later, returned the kits and allowed me to continue into Germany. By now, his face was a huge question mark, which contrasted rather starkly with his authoritative behaviour.

O.K., I managed not to burst out laughing until I was past the customs, but only just. :D
Building: Cavalier Mustang chase plane by David Winfield, 1:33
Not a native english Speaker. Thus, constructive criticism is always welcome!
Old 01-19-2019, 07:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowhawk View Post
Hi Pete, hi John,

I got both of these kits (saloon and delivery van) plus a prototype for the Mehari which AFAIK never made it into a bigger print run. Acquired them about 14 years ago at the international Citroen drivers meeting in Interlaken /Switzerland directly from the designer, an extremely friendly elderly gentleman. Looks like I got some treasures by now.

There was an amusing story tied to them: When I crossed back into Germany with my quaint little Citroen Visa filled with camping equipment and more I got asked if I imported anything. Being a conscientious man, I replied: "Yes, 3 paper model kits of old cars." Puzzled, the huge customs officer demanded in a rather imperative tone I should show them to him. O.K., no problem. The officer disappeared into the customs office, came back a few minutes later, returned the kits and allowed me to continue into Germany. By now, his face was a huge question mark, which contrasted rather starkly with his authoritative behaviour.

O.K., I managed not to burst out laughing until I was past the customs, but only just. :D
Do you still have the kits? Or you built them
Google Adsense
Old 01-19-2019, 10:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 542.99 MB
Very nice models, like the pic of the collection.
Owen