PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 08-26-2018, 11:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Uf, I have built many and varied things, I do not have a special preference for any topic, I would like to build a lot of other things but the time available is very scarce. The models that I built since I joined the forum leave me extremely satisfied. But I remember my first model, a plane from Zioprudencio, that although it was quite ugly, I loved it. And some articulated dolls, I do not remember the page, I know they are called "Deformecraft", they are like cartoons of Iron Man, Terminator, and several others, very funny, seeing the joy of my nephews when playing and taking them is the greatest satisfaction that can be achieved.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:30 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagirl727 View Post
In all your time in the hobby, what was your favorite build so far that you have done and why?
for me it was one of the support trucks for one of the Dakar race teams, most of my vehicle models always had a slight twist to the chassis, body, or some other part that made the vehicle look like a dog lifting his leg to pee.

this particular build, I started with the box, the scoring, folding and glue up were perfect, there was no warp, the box sat flat on my desk, from there, all the other parts were perfect as well, even the wheels came out perfectly round, and centered on the sides.

your build of the GT is perfect, the car in the movie is beat up, scraped, dented, and your model quite unintentional looks like the real car. so don't get to hung up on the mistakes, you know where they are, and with the next model you will overcome those and progress as a model builder, and this is the case regardless of media or hobby.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 08-26-2018, 12:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagirl727 View Post
In all your time in the hobby, what was your favorite build so far that you have done and why?
I could not possibly answer that question.
Is like asking "who is your favorite son?" hehehehe
They're all unique, and they all have taught something.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Fantastic work, for a first attempt at a car, from a model that's nowhere near a simple beginners difficulty level, you've done an outstanding job and should be proud of it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you try next, keep up the good work!

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 08-28-2018, 08:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you all very much for your comments and encouragement and also for sharing about your favorite builds!

I do understand what you mean Ruben! Can't pick a favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
for me it was one of the support trucks for one of the Dakar race teams, most of my vehicle models always had a slight twist to the chassis, body, or some other part that made the vehicle look like a dog lifting his leg to pee.

don't get to hung up on the mistakes, you know where they are, and with the next model you will overcome those and progress as a model builder, and this is the case regardless of media or hobby.
That's an interesting twist to your builds, yet hilarious at the same time. Love it. Taking fun to the next level I see lol. Thank you for your comments and advice. You're right, I know where the mistakes are and some I've already learned how to overcome just from the start of the build. I very much enjoy the hobby and while I'd love to run right into it I understand I have to walk first. All in due time I suppose!