PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 06-01-2019, 12:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.47 MB
where to buy...

hello all,

just wondering if any of you know of a good source for orlik kits in the usa. i am especially interested in the #128, caterpillar 60 kit.

thanks
Google Adsense
Old 06-01-2019, 07:52 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
you can "try" papermodelstore.com but as it has been mentioned a few times, Krys hasn't responded to emails, and the email listed on the website is full.

your best bet is to order from Poland, either Orlik's own web shop, or from GPM, I haven't yet ordered from Orlik, but I have from GPM, and the times I did, I got the package in around 10 days, and yes I made it worth my while to order from Poland to make the shipping cost more palatable, emailing either store prior to placing the order is recommended if you are a first time buyer, the store software calculates usually a higher cost, but if you ask the people running the store for a better price, they will certainly advise you of your options

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 06-01-2019, 09:56 AM

thank you rick. i was hoping to avoid the overseas shipping cost but i will definitely try contacting the stores first.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
GPM gets my vote. I have been ordering from them for more than ten years and have never had any problems (no missing items, no damaged parcels.) They always refund any excess shipping paid and delivery time to the East Coast is about 10-14 days, shipped insured/signature required. They get my highest recommendation.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:22 PM

thank you yankeeboy for your suggestion.
Google Adsense
Old 06-01-2019, 08:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.91 MB
Send me what kit do you need and from where my friend is coming from Poland to visit me so I can ask him to bring it with him to Canada
Old 06-01-2019, 11:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 162.75 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBoy View Post
GPM gets my vote. I have been ordering from them for more than ten years and have never had any problems (no missing items, no damaged parcels.) They always refund any excess shipping paid and delivery time to the East Coast is about 10-14 days, shipped insured/signature required. They get my highest recommendation.
You mean to say you have never had the USPS trash any mail package? If I had that kinda luck I would have won the lotto by now
Old 06-02-2019, 02:01 AM

hi olo, thank you for the offer. let me think about it.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:15 PM

hello all,

after some thought, i have decided to hold off on the orlik caterpillar and instead try my hand at one of the mba card models, the zaporozhets tractor. i have a question regarding the instruction, 'glue part onto cardstock 1.0 mm,0.5 mm & 0.2 mm'. on the top left of the parts page, 170 g/m is listed as paper weight. am i right in assuming that the parts should be printed on 170 g/m paper and then glued to the 3 cardstocks listed or does the designer mean to double/triple up the 170 paper to achive the desired thickness for each part? also, in general i would like to know from people who built one of these models, what is your impression of the fit and finish of these kits? thank you very much for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
where to buy...-zaporozhets-tractor-1.jpg   where to buy...-zaporozhets-tractor-2.jpg  
Old 06-05-2019, 07:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by a380 View Post
... i have a question regarding the instruction, 'glue part onto cardstock 1.0 mm,0.5 mm & 0.2 mm'. on the top left of the parts page, 170 g/m is listed as paper weight. am i right in assuming that the parts should be printed on 170 g/m paper and then glued to the 3 cardstocks listed or does the designer mean to double/triple up the 170 paper to achive the desired thickness for each part? also, in general i would like to know from people who built one of these models, what is your impression of the fit and finish of these kits? thank you very much for your help!

Most probably you need to print that page onto regular copy paper. But if the page indicates 170 g/m. then go that way.

After that, look for the parts numbers. Besides them should be an asterisk *, or two **, or whatever other symbol.

Then reference to the top of the page where those asterisks or symbols are, and glue each part to a cardstock with the proper thickness indicated by each symbol. That way each part will result with the proper intended thickness.

Google Adsense