PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 05-29-2010, 03:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.47 GB
I join all the others in thanking you for a totally outstanding model and for sharing.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbluemisty View Post
Your design seems detailed enough to me??

Off topic :o
I love the fact Marcus Walz does not deal with Chrome parts and any that come into his workshop by mistake, he throws across his garage smashing up the wall!!:D

Wayne
Growing up around cars I heard the phrase 'if it don't go, chrome it - if you can't chrome it paint it red' very often
Old 05-30-2010, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.57 MB
When you first started this adventure I thought it was an incredible undertaking. Now that it is done, I was right. It was. But the finished model and kit are outstanding. MOTW pish tish more like model of the year!
FANTASTIC!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Peter
Old 05-31-2010, 08:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 12.28 MB
Thanks!

I've been watching this design thread with fascination and am awed by the finshed product! The assembly instructions are simply the best! Makes my simple stuff pale in comparison! You have really set the bar on this one and you have given me cause to rethink the way I do things. Thanks again!

Best Regards,
Old 06-02-2010, 04:43 AM

Hello everyone, Im new here and i must say hats off to Loudog49 for making this amazing and very detailed model. i initially wanted to make the yamaha Vmax during the holidays ,but i changed my mind. Guess ill be making Mille Miglia Custom Chopper in white. Good work Loudog49. Also i wanted to ask what gsm paper needed to be used for this papermodel. And is it possible to resize\increase scale of this model? Because this model contains very small parts and im not dat good working with small parts.(form my experience of building an yamaha m1).
Google Adsense
Old 06-02-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvp View Post
Hello everyone, Im new here and i must say hats off to Loudog49 for making this amazing and very detailed model. i initially wanted to make the yamaha Vmax during the holidays ,but i changed my mind. Guess ill be making Mille Miglia Custom Chopper in white. Good work Loudog49. Also i wanted to ask what gsm paper needed to be used for this papermodel. And is it possible to resize\increase scale of this model? Because this model contains very small parts and im not dat good working with small parts.(form my experience of building an yamaha m1).

Hello Hyp, welcome to the forums! Glad you decided to take on the Mille Miglia challenge. I used Canon matte photo paper which is 45 lbs or 170gsm (the coating makes it heavy, I guess). I had no issue with this paper, but I think this is probably the minimum thickness that should be used. 110 lbs or around 200gsm paper should probably be ok as well. I don't recommend very thick paper beyond 110lbs unless you intend to upscale the model. At the original scale, some of the small parts may not fit well if the paper is too thick. Likewise, if anyone intends to downscale it, use less thick paper.

The model can be upscaled and doing so should also improve the fit. However I did account for paper thickness in the model so upscaling by more than 2x will probably cause some gaps to appear in some areas.

I won't lie, this model is somewhat difficult to build. It's around 750 individual pieces so it will definitely be time consuming as well. Don't feel discouraged, though. Take you time with it and be prepared to redo some parts if they don't come out the way you want the first time (I had to do that several times).

If you can, combine glossy and matte papers to make it really stand out! I would have used glossy for some parts but my printer wasn't cooperating so I used matte for the whole thing.

-LD
Old 06-02-2010, 11:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 79.29 MB
A couple of photo's of my build, Loudog :D
Transmission complete.......
A joy to assemble

Wayne
Attached Thumbnails
Mille Miglia Custom Chopper Papermodel-p6020007.jpg   Mille Miglia Custom Chopper Papermodel-p6020010.jpg  
Old 06-02-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbluemisty View Post
A couple of photo's of my build, Loudog :D
Transmission complete.......
A joy to assemble

Wayne

SWEEET! It's already looking better than my build. Can't wait to see the rest :D.

-LD
Old 06-14-2010, 05:20 AM

Hello, Loudog49! Your work is incredible. What about accessories for this bike? Such as air/hydraulic lift, trailer and others? or maybe the section of the garage?
Old 06-14-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraBC View Post
Hello, Loudog49! Your work is incredible. What about accessories for this bike? Such as air/hydraulic lift, trailer and others? or maybe the section of the garage?
Thanks, LibraBC! Haha, no self respecting custom bike builder would be caught dead without a hydraulic lift!! I actually thought about making one but didn't want to get too distracted with accessories since the bike was demanding most of my time and attention. Making a diorama of a garage would be very cool. I don't think I have the motivation for accessories this time around but maybe for my next bike???

-LD
Google Adsense