PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 06-16-2010, 09:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 9.56 MB
WOOOOOHOOOOOOO...now its official, LougDog is going to make another bike!!!!:D:D
HEHE.. just kidding but it would be awesome if you decide to do another one...
OK now for the fun part, as I mentioned, I left on HOLD the MT01 in order to start this bike. I created a new tread as not to hack this one.
You can check it here.

Viva Las Vegas chopper

Thanks LougDog for making this possible

Edgardo
Old 06-22-2010, 05:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello, loudog49! sorry for my english. I may seem ignorant, but after viewing the printed sheets with details, I did not saw a reference positions for gluing surface, as that was done in Yamaha's motorcycles for example.

A-20 to A19, D-7 to D-5 and others
Old 06-22-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraBC View Post
Hello, loudog49! sorry for my english. I may seem ignorant, but after viewing the printed sheets with details, I did not saw a reference positions for gluing surface, as that was done in Yamaha's motorcycles for example.

A-20 to A19, D-7 to D-5 and others
Hi LibraBC,

Your English is very good, no need to apologize. It is correct that there are no glue reference positions on most of the parts. I apologize for that. My excuse is that I don't know an easy way to make such reference positions with any degree of precision. Yamaha models are much more professionally done and they probably have better methods for making the reference positions onto the parts. I still have much to learn.

I have to ask that you try and look at the reference pics and also use your imagination for parts that are not very clear. It doesn't have to be perfectly assembled--it can be "close enough" for many parts and still look good. If you are stuck on anything, I can help by posting some clearer rendered views that can help with positioning.

For the parts you mentioned, maybe these pics can help.

-LD
Attached Thumbnails
Mille Miglia Custom Chopper Papermodel-a20a21.png   Mille Miglia Custom Chopper Papermodel-d7d5.png   Mille Miglia Custom Chopper Papermodel-trans.png  
Old 06-23-2010, 03:57 AM

Hello LD. Thanks for the quick response. Yes, these pictures will help If necessary I will contact you. Do not worryYour model is not worse than developed by Yamaha, they have many misses too. I envy Your patience. Unfortunately, I do not have enough time for this.
In which program you developed the model?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraBC View Post
Hello LD. Thanks for the quick response. Yes, these pictures will help If necessary I will contact you. Do not worryYour model is not worse than developed by Yamaha, they have many misses too. I envy Your patience. Unfortunately, I do not have enough time for this.
In which program you developed the model?
I did all the 3d design in Metasequoia. All textures created in GIMP. I think for my next project, I will transition to Sketchup and hopefully create more precise models. I'm hoping I can also figure out a way to precisely and easily create glue references on the model textures.

-LD
Google Adsense
Old 08-06-2010, 02:10 AM

I just finished the model you designed today, and I'm very happy as to how it turn out. Thanks for sharing the model. Hope to build more models from you. I have a blog and if you don't mind I posted you as my topic for today.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iligan3pm View Post
I just finished the model you designed today, and I'm very happy as to how it turn out. Thanks for sharing the model. Hope to build more models from you. I have a blog and if you don't mind I posted you as my topic for today.
Thanks Iligan. I checked out your blog and your build came out great! I left a comment on your page. It is very impressive that you could build it in just a week. It took me many months (off and on) to build. I'm glad you were pleased with it. I've seen your other work too and it looks very impressive. Thanks for taking on the Mille Miglia challenge!

-LD
Old 10-02-2010, 12:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 58.77 MB
Wow Loudog, that is 1 serious model !
Just downloaded it and will attemp it soon, please tell me what file type is the 3d model you built and would you consider posting the 3d model for download ?

Thanks.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaMan View Post
Wow Loudog, that is 1 serious model !
Just downloaded it and will attemp it soon, please tell me what file type is the 3d model you built and would you consider posting the 3d model for download ?

Thanks.
Thanks, GhiaMan. I modeled it in Metasequoia so that is the native format. Unfortunately, I will not be releasing the model file since it is equivalent to the "source code" of this project. Feel free to modify the parts in the PDFs as you wish. If you need any help with customizations let me know.

-LD
Old 10-04-2010, 01:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Wow! That's nice. I wonder how comfortable is the ride on the real thing. I specially like your ties tread texture. I didn't know GIMP can texture 3d model. I got to check out that Program.
Google Adsense