PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 09-24-2009, 04:31 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Sweet! This is one serious bike looking forward to seeing this come together in paper!
Chris
Old 09-27-2009, 10:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via MSN to Nazgul Send a message via Yahoo to Nazgul
Test build

I hope you'd like to know that I had a go at the engine this weekend. on the up side, I have almost no complains the instructions were clear and the fit was perfect so far. The only concern is that I think it's a tad too small in scale Parts 91 to 113 gave me nightmares and 177/178 that go with 175/176 are a bit tough at this scale too. I didn't go all the way I'm afraid...I have two pics for you with one of them alongside the MT1 (Which I believe is the level of detail you are aiming for)....So the only thing I'd change about the model is it's scale...Thanks for putting this one up for us
Attached Thumbnails
Mille Miglia Custom Chopper Papermodel-dsc01714.jpg   Mille Miglia Custom Chopper Papermodel-dsc01715.jpg  

See stuff I've built HERE
See my current build Mille Miglia
Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
I hope you'd like to know that I had a go at the engine this weekend. on the up side, I have almost no complains the instructions were clear and the fit was perfect so far. The only concern is that I think it's a tad too small in scale Parts 91 to 113 gave me nightmares and 177/178 that go with 175/176 are a bit tough at this scale too. I didn't go all the way I'm afraid...I have two pics for you with one of them alongside the MT1 (Which I believe is the level of detail you are aiming for)....So the only thing I'd change about the model is it's scale...Thanks for putting this one up for us
Many thanks, Viraj! I definitely appreciate your efforts! You're build looks quite clean. On the matter of scale, I think you're absolutely correct. I compromised the scale on this white build because I was trying to fit the paper size. I see now that it was a mistake. Rest assured, the final model will be larger--I think 1:5 should be better (about 18 inches / 46 cm in length).

Haha, when I was unfolding the carburetor (parts 91-113), I was thinking people are going to hate this part :D. I'll give it a go at the current scale and see how it turns out. Hopefully it is more manageable at the 1:5 scale.

I'm building the rear end of the bike first. I'll post a pic when I finish it.

-LD
Old 09-29-2009, 02:11 AM

haha good to hear btw, is it possible for you to release a lines only version when you make your adjustments? With so many folds and cuts it will be a pain to edge this one. Plus, with a tasteful eye a paint over would be great I think... And can't wait to see your build..at this scale it will be all the more impressive.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
haha good to hear btw, is it possible for you to release a lines only version when you make your adjustments? With so many folds and cuts it will be a pain to edge this one. Plus, with a tasteful eye a paint over would be great I think... And can't wait to see your build..at this scale it will be all the more impressive.
You must forgive me but I'm not 100% knowledgable of all the papercraft lingo. By lines only, do you mean a non-textured model? Is it like the white model? Also, what do you mean by edging? Just want to make sure I understand your request.

-LD
Google Adsense
Old 09-30-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudog49 View Post
You must forgive me but I'm not 100% knowledgable of all the papercraft lingo. By lines only, do you mean a non-textured model? Is it like the white model? Also, what do you mean by edging? Just want to make sure I understand your request.

-LD
LOL..you got it LD...by lines only I mean the untextured pattern...like what Yamaha kits have..the white model..just like the one you put up for download...and I was talking about edge colouring..which I never was big fan of LOL :D but there's nothing you can do about it really..it's inherent in a model of this level of detail...I was thinking of a mixture of gloss and matte black paintwork and a bit of chrome here and there (just day dreaming)

btw, how's your test build coming along?

Old 09-30-2009, 01:40 PM

I think the term for an untextured paper model would be a 'Vanilla Build' referring to the flavour of ice cream that is the least exciting of all the flavours.

An untextured model is great if a builder was building with coloured paper. Usually like coloured parts are matched on a sheet to save paper. I have noticed a lot of East Asian designers like to use colored paper instead of filling white sheets of paper with ink.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:41 PM

I case I forgot to mention. That engine build looks great, keep up the good work.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:22 PM

Ok, cool. Thanks for helping to clear the lingo a bit Viraj and Stev0.

As far as edging goes, I've also heard of this called "inking". Same thing I guess. Definitely a pain on small pieces, I agree.

Yeah, a lines-only or vanilla version can be made avail for the final model (I'll just toggle the texture on/off in pepakura). I think a dark gray colored paper would be great for most of the bike. Of course different colors would work too. Creativity is always welcome.

My test build is going slow. I have the rear wheel and a couple small pieces built but I'm sort of taking a breather from all that effort I spent to release the vanilla model. Maybe in a week or so, I'll be done with the rear end of the bike. stay tuned...

-LD
Old 10-02-2009, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudog49 View Post
Ok, cool. Thanks for helping to clear the lingo a bit Viraj and Stev0.

As far as edging goes, I've also heard of this called "inking". Same thing I guess. Definitely a pain on small pieces, I agree.

Yeah, a lines-only or vanilla version can be made avail for the final model (I'll just toggle the texture on/off in pepakura). I think a dark gray colored paper would be great for most of the bike. Of course different colors would work too. Creativity is always welcome.

My test build is going slow. I have the rear wheel and a couple small pieces built but I'm sort of taking a breather from all that effort I spent to release the vanilla model. Maybe in a week or so, I'll be done with the rear end of the bike. stay tuned...

-LD
Thanks a lot LD...and yeah, your white model came out pretty quick...will be waiting to see your progress...

Google Adsense