PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 04-28-2020, 09:49 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Triumph TR3A

A couple of years ago I modified and recolored this simple TR3 paper model available from Moss Motors, an American parts supplier for British cars. My car show buddy, Stan, always showed his TR3A which was just a stunning machine. Bright red with fog lights, wire wheels and wide white wall tires, it won many awards, and certainly lived up to its vanity plate, "pesovart".

I built the model in the winter of 2018, with the intention of presenting him with it during the 2019 show season. I still had to make the tires 3d, and mount it on a paper base. I last saw Stan in early November of 2018 at the final car show of the year and unbeknownst to me, and everybody else, he was in the process of dying from cancer. You would never have known he was sick. He was always so upbeat and personable. He died in February of 2019, and I never bothered to complete the model or mount it on a base.

I'm starting to get the urge to finish it as his memory deserves. I understand a local woman bought the car, and joined my club "Brits of the Hudson". When club meetings and car shows begin again, I may pass it on to her.

Here's some pics of the model as it is now, the real thing, and Stan, RIP.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph TR3A-tr3-1.jpg   Triumph TR3A-tr3-2.jpg   Triumph TR3A-tr3-3.jpg   Triumph TR3A-tr3-4.jpg   Triumph TR3A-tr3-5.jpg  

Triumph TR3A-stan-sinon-pesovart.jpg   Triumph TR3A-stan-sinon.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-28-2020, 10:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
A fine tribute to your friend and a very nice model of a very nice little car.

I spent a summer working at a fishing lodge in Canada in 1959. A young woman working at the lodge had one of these in English racing green. I used to tease her that her car looked like a frightened frog, but I really liked that quick, maneuverable little sports car.

Don
Old 04-28-2020, 10:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I hope you can incorporate the last two photos into your base
Old 04-28-2020, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
What a nice tribute. A refreshingly different windshield, too - neither boring robin egg blue, nor plain dark gray - instead, a freedom-inspiring reflection. Pity that something similar at the inside probably wouldn't look as good, especially when viewed from above, where the hood should show through glass.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 152.73 MB
Un muy bonito modelo, lo que yo le agregaría son las ruedas 3D, quedaría muy bien este modelo y ganaría muchos puntos.

A very nice model, what I would add are the 3D wheels, this model would look great and would earn many points.
Google Adsense
Old 04-28-2020, 02:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
A very fine tribute to a good friend, nicely done.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:56 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Many thanks for your kind comments, fellas. I hadn't thought about including the photos in the base, VK, but that's a great idea. Perhaps I can do something similar to the way paperdioramas displays their models. I will definitely 3d the wheels, LMSC. I tried to emulate (poorly) what airdave does with his koolwheelz windshields, cfuruti.

Moss Motors has around a half dozen of these simple British sports cars models. In fact, there's a little contest going on right now on their Facebook page. Winner gets a $25 gift certificate. This morning I asked if I can share their models on the forum, but haven't received a reply yet.