PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 07-16-2020, 12:45 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Aston Martin Bulldog Christmas postcard model

Hi all,

The Aston Martin Museum, both on Instagram and Facebook, posted a copy of Aston Martin's 1981 Christmas postcard, a simple version of their prototype Bulldog sports car.

The prototype drove around in one of two color palates, the two tone green as above, and Silver and White, as the one below

The museum sorta/kinda put out a challenge, asking if you could a better job of building it, so I took the "challenge" and started to plan my build and modifications.

I printed 3 copies of the postcard, one on white, and two on each of the green color paper for the green car.

I also wanted to show one of the unique feature of the Bulldog, the center hood drops to reveal 5 high intensity halogen lights.

The gull wing doors are a very cool feature as well, but I wasn't sure how to create the interior or the inside door panels, so I didn't attempt to do one or both.

The finished build is the attached picture

Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Aston Martin Bulldog Christmas postcard model-109941033_10158668235214443_4061145293504163730_o.jpg  
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 07-16-2020, 01:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
very nicely done. I think you were smart, NOT doing the interior. After you finished that, you would want to 3D the wheel hubs and put tread on the tires, etc. That could become a "life work" project. Better to just dream about it.

John
Old 07-16-2020, 01:14 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

It took me a month to get the sheets printed, then another 2-3 weeks before I cut out and assembled the cars, and then work on and off for the last 6 weeks on front lights reveal,

A little thing called a job search and Mom's death kept me from focusing on paper models or modifications

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 07-16-2020, 01:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
Please accept my belated condolences. I lost an older sister to cancer at the end of June; she was my "protector" when I was a wee lad. So, I have some idea as to what you are contending with. Take care; we builders need you here.

John
Old 07-16-2020, 03:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Nice build !!

That reminded me of a close encounter with a Bulldog. I was at an historic race meeting and there was one in the paddock. There was a story going round that the car was owned by Rowen Atkinson and a TV presenter was waiting to interview him.

So I joined the crowd.

She decided to pretend to be a glamour girl and spread herself over the bonnet (hood) at which point RA arrived and quietly went over to her and said "that bonnet is made of Aluminium (choose your own pronunciation ;-) and costs a large amount of cash" (I can't remember the number) I've never seen anyone move so fast!

Cheers
Mike
Google Adsense
Old 07-17-2020, 08:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 35.91 MB
Thumbs up to rickstef great job! on those paper models

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
Hi all,

The Aston Martin Museum, both on Instagram and Facebook, posted a copy of Aston Martin's 1981 Christmas postcard, a simple version of their prototype Bulldog sports car.

The prototype drove around in one of two color palates, the two tone green as above, and Silver and White, as the one below

The museum sorta/kinda put out a challenge, asking if you could a better job of building it, so I took the "challenge" and started to plan my build and modifications.

I printed 3 copies of the postcard, one on white, and two on each of the green color paper for the green car.

I also wanted to show one of the unique feature of the Bulldog, the center hood drops to reveal 5 high intensity halogen lights.

The gull wing doors are a very cool feature as well, but I wasn't sure how to create the interior or the inside door panels, so I didn't attempt to do one or both.

The finished build is the attached picture

Rick
but?? i did a realistic one way back in 2016 and 3D wheels too if you like to see it it's in my blog! here I'll give you a link to it?

https://mbed06papermodelmastersexclu...martin+bulldog

do you have a link to yours or a download??
Old 07-17-2020, 08:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
That looks pretty dang good there, sir. Those wheels look to be a pain, though, and it is way too big for my collection.

Maybe Rick would share his mod for the hood, and I could reduce yours to 1/50, use layers on the wheels, etc., etc. ...
Old 07-17-2020, 09:00 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

There is no real detail, just used some scrap paper to make the wedge insert for the lights, beyond that, nothing else.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:09 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Mike,

On facebook, go to the Aston Martin Museum page, and scroll down to March 20
https://www.facebook.com/AstonMartinHeritageTrust
and there is the picture
Old 07-17-2020, 11:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 35.91 MB
thank's rick you can use my car for help i have no problem with that! and thank's for the link too! i allso joined as well and posted my version of the bulldog as well to share and keep!
Google Adsense