PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 08:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ediacz View Post
A380 no problem. Thanx for sharing my model on forum.
Philosophy of airdave's perception of paper model Is like seeing the world only in black and white.
Quoting Terence Fletcher from brilliant movie Whiplash: There are no two words in the English language more harmful than "good job"
Criticism is good only if It can point You what can you improve in Your craftsmanship and push Your skills to the limit, show You better way.
If all my old models and work were judged as good job I would still make It as bad as they were.
Paper modeling Is very popular in Poland (and post soviet part of Europe), since first edition of Maly Modelarz magazine (1957 year). Polish paper modellers are one of the best in the World, alongside with Chechs and Slovaks.
In one breath you criticize the redundant use of "good job" and lack of constructive criticism,
and then criticise me for offering any opinion other than "good job"!

Please don't assume you have any idea what my "perception of what a paper model is".
since I never questioned or quoted the so-called paper models rules and regulations book.

I simply questioned the repeated use of the basic term "paper" model for something that is clearly multi-media.
Not this model specifically...
but, this model is another fine example of excellent scale model work, and excellent mutli-media modeling, but augmented "paper" modeling.
I never once criticized the model itself...in fact I think I said something positive about the skilled work.

I brought up an idea of lesser skilled modelers being intimidated by models that are clearly far beyond your basic "paper" model.
And the idea that maybe they shouldn't be called "paper" models when they have been augmented to this degree.

I coughed up a topic that could be discussed and might cause discussion,
but once again get criticized for saying anything other than "good job".

Paper Police?...Nazi Police...?...scared of Police much?
Its amazing how you folks constantly criticize someone for offering criticism? LMAO

Nice scale model of a Tractor.
I hear its based on a paper model?
Good job.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.47 MB
if you act and 'speak' like paper police you will get called out as paper police. you wrote, 'it's not much different than a plastic kit, having been puttied, seam filled, sanded and painted...The realism is all surface paint work and weathering...This is not a real "paper" model and shouldn't be judged that way.' who appointed you the arbiter of what is and isn't a paper model? are you the owner or a moderator of this forum? if not, your pedantic observations are irrelevant and serves no purpose except self aggrandizement. fyi, liberal use of lol's and llmao doesn't make you 'kool', wheelz.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Went to check out your Ursus tractor. Not being a Facebook member couldn't see all of the photos. But what I could another excellent piece.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Dear airdave
What Is the purpose of scale modeling - to make your model as much realistic as It can be possible without distinction paper or plastic. (for my understanding).
If you check my link to Ursus's workshop You'll find that It's in 96% paper - Is It still paper model for You?
I once was lesser skilled modeller, and when I saw amazing paper models or plastic models in Polish Plastic Modellers Magazine called Super Model I said to myself One day I'll make such great models that people won't tell is It plastic or paper. I think I've achieved It. Workshop of one of my model was printed out in this magazine - and I'm very proud of It. My new Ursus also will pi printed out. There Is still a lot to learn.

I think that A380 pointed You better than Rocky pointed Ivan Drago
Best regards!
Old 07-31-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a380 View Post
if you act and 'speak' like paper police you will get called out as paper police. you wrote, 'it's not much different than a plastic kit, having been puttied, seam filled, sanded and painted...The realism is all surface paint work and weathering...This is not a real "paper" model and shouldn't be judged that way.' who appointed you the arbiter of what is and isn't a paper model? are you the owner or a moderator of this forum? if not, your pedantic observations are irrelevant and serves no purpose except self aggrandizement. fyi, liberal use of lol's and llmao doesn't make you 'kool', wheelz.
Having ones own opinion on something doesn't make you "police" or "arbitrator"
it makes you an active member that has an opinion.
I guess you can only tolerate opinions that are the same as yours?!
Which makes you a narrow minded fool.

I didn't turn to personal insults to get my point across, so that puts my opinion way ahead of yours.
Have a kool day...lol...lmao...stfdoywo

ediacz...obviously on par with a380 since you understand insults better than you do english.

I'll say it one more time!...
I voiced my opinion on whether models of this level should still be called strictly "paper" ...and not "scale" or "multi-media" or even "augmented paper"...
so as not to confuse them with the basic "out of box" paper model that less skilled modelers may already struggle to complete.
If we keep shoving this level of "paper" model at them (without clarification) we risk intimidating and permanently scaring off potential builders.

Thats all I said...I didn't suggest anything else.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:53 AM

if anyone is a 'narrow minded fool' it is you. your boorish comments speak for themselves. what makes you think less skilled modellers are going to be intimidated and not inspired? Perhaps you are one of those? are you projecting your limitations and fear on others? no one else has commented about being intimidated.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:19 AM

...oh, and criticizing someone's english language skills, on an international forum no less. that's low even for you.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a380 View Post
if anyone is a 'narrow minded fool' it is you. your boorish comments speak for themselves. what makes you think less skilled modellers are going to be intimidated and not inspired? Perhaps you are one of those? are you projecting your limitations and fear on others? no one else has commented about being intimidated.
maybe re-read the thread instead of flapping your ignorant mouth?
you've done little but argue against someone else having an opinion of their own.
oh, and you've resorted to insults once again because you have no real argument of your own.
time to shut up and pay attention.
in the real world, other people will have differing opinions on things...deal with it.

since I actually have experience in the real world ...designing and selling kits
and helping beginners who are often intimidated by more complicated kits...
yes I do think there are less skilled modellers who might be intimidated by some of the augmented paper models shown here
because I actually do have experience with those modellers (regardless of your uneducated comments).

and yes...someone else here did offer the same opinion. (once again, try rereading before you boast)

Projecting my limitations and fears on others? are you a complete idiot? Have you run out of insults?
Old 07-31-2020, 08:52 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Gentlemen, and right now I am using that term very loosely, if you need to continue the back and forth, do so offline, in a private message, or not at all(I strongly recommend this option).

All the initial opinions expressed are legitimate, the de-evolution of manners is not.
Name calling solves nothing, never has, never will.

In closing, I recommend grabbing the next kit on your build pile, and start scoring, shaping and gluing.

This is all I have to say about this, if it continues, I will take action.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 07-31-2020, 09:33 AM

glad you finally stepped in rickstef. i had, nor do i have, any intention of being combative on this forum. however i will always respond vigorously to unfounded allegations. you are the administrator and i will abide. as you suggest, i will get back to my five year and counting model!
Google Adsense
Closed Thread