PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 07-26-2020, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
2020 Alpha Tauri Honda AT01

Hi folks!

Shortly after I saw this model released here (https://global.honda/motorsports/vir...tml#papercraft), I started building it. And what an interesting build!!

The model was at times a bit tricky, but I'm sure more experienced builders will find it very straightforward. I made a few modifications, I split the rear wing (which was a single part) so I have the wing and sideplates in seperate parts. I also took the wheel formers from Robert Blaschke's FW42 and resized them to fit this model. It made the wheel assembly very straightforward, and you don't have to worry about deforming the circumference of the tyres.

I might build the Red Bull RB16 sometime, but I'd really fancy to build another car from the 80s/90s next. Problem is, there aren't many that I can access at this moment, especially due to this whole situation.

Anyway, hope you like the pics. Stay safe!!

Old 07-26-2020, 01:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Looks good. I'm working on the 2019 Toro Rossa now. Rescaled it to 1/25 so it has made some of the pieces really tricky. Thanks for the tip about the wheels, will have to take a look at them. On yours they do look much better the Toro Rossa wheels.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
Looks good. I'm working on the 2019 Toro Rossa now. Rescaled it to 1/25 so it has made some of the pieces really tricky. Thanks for the tip about the wheels, will have to take a look at them. On yours they do look much better the Toro Rossa wheels.
I'd love to see your build!! 1/25 must be tiny, especially parts like the mirrors and brake ducts. Good luck!!
Old 07-29-2020, 11:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
If you are looking for older F1 cars try the site below.

There are two types of models some are kits in book form and others are kits taken from a Czech magazine. The owner speaks English and accepts payment through Pay Pal.

I have bought mank models from him he is helpful and honest!
https://shop.papermodel.cz/kategorie/vozidla-vozy-f1/

Your models look perfect. Have you noticed that when any real F1 car is on display, the tyres always have the makers name at the top of the tyre - have a look at the Honda page :-))

Good luck with the next car!

Mike
Old 07-29-2020, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Stamper View Post
If you are looking for older F1 cars try the site below.

There are two types of models some are kits in book form and others are kits taken from a Czech magazine. The owner speaks English and accepts payment through Pay Pal.

I have bought mank models from him he is helpful and honest!
https://shop.papermodel.cz/kategorie/vozidla-vozy-f1/

Your models look perfect. Have you noticed that when any real F1 car is on display, the tyres always have the makers name at the top of the tyre - have a look at the Honda page :-))

Good luck with the next car!

Mike
Thank you!! Initially, I wanted the Pirelli logos to face the top on all wheels, but I dunno, I wanted it to look like a car during a race.. So I just randomised the positioning

I think I've seen that shop before, I might consider there sometime. How much is the packaging/postal cost there? I ordered a 1993 McLaren MP4/8 from a group called Mass models yesterday, and the packaging costs more than the model.. This is why I mostly prefer digital products, because I don't have much to spare, and it's safer on the customer's side. But I really wanted this one, especially since it has laser cut rain tyres.

It's always a big risk when shipping here, lots of parcels get lost, even big ones, and there's not much you can do about it.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 714.4 KB
Great build and very nice group of cars on the last picture.

I like it.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Blaschke View Post
Great build and very nice group of cars on the last picture.

I like it.
Thank you, Robert! I'm looking forward to expanding my collection, I'm studying your FW42 kit to have an idea how it's assembled, and I'm hoping to see if I can tackle the model after I get a few things off my desk. I always have trouble glueing the floor, and the FW42 looks like a mighty big challenge for me!!
Old 09-27-2020, 02:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 484.03 MB
Excellent built models! I like them all. I created the graphics on this Ferrari 93A a lot of years ago and I'm always happy to see that these models are built and look nice :-)

Catalogue of my models
Old 09-28-2020, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry1966 View Post
Excellent built models! I like them all. I created the graphics on this Ferrari 93A a lot of years ago and I'm always happy to see that these models are built and look nice :-)
You did a very nice job on the graphics, I really liked the carbon details!! Have you worked on other kits with GP Team? I'd be very happy to try more kits, I heard from Ales that they are preparing digital versions of the kits available, but haven't heard more news for a while.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 484.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by N96HBK View Post
You did a very nice job on the graphics, I really liked the carbon details!! Have you worked on other kits with GP Team? I'd be very happy to try more kits, I heard from Ales that they are preparing digital versions of the kits available, but haven't heard more news for a while.
I co-founded GP Team sometime in 2010 and I worked with them until about 2015, I did graphics on about 28 models. Then I stopped working for several reasons, above all I wanted to have more time for other models and I was also tired of not very fair behavior of some people from the F1 builders' community. I am still in a very friendly relationship with Pavel and Aleš and we continue to help each other. We would like to sell our (and their new) models, preferably in an electronic version, but everything was interrupted when the Ecardmodels website last collapsed. I will try to write to the boys and find out how they are doing. I know they have developed or almost finished some great models.

Catalogue of my models
Google Adsense