PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 08-23-2009, 12:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.47 MB
DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model

Hi guys
Actually I started the Delorean several month ago, the begining you can see at the Kartonbau.de Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um's Kartonmodell... | Bauberichte | DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model , but I'd like to make a thread here to show you my work

The model is free, desighned by Claudio Dias, the page Paperinside.com

So, here we go

First, the Desighner himself, John Zachary DeLorean

Some info about him: John DeLorean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some links with the car

BTTF.com DeLorean Time Machine Rentals | Photo Gallery

DeLorean Rental

Back to the Future DeLorean

Here is the Emmett "Doc" Brown (Christopher Lloyd)
Attached Thumbnails
DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-lloyd_delorean.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 08-23-2009, 12:19 PM

I'll be building model of the car from part 2

First, in Photoshop I've removed all the dotted lines, corrected color and shape of some details. Also tire protector had benn added
Printed on 230 gr. paper. After that all sheets had been covered with acrylic matt lacquer

The body will be ground coated and will be painted with acrylic matt "metallic"
Also I prepared different wires and matt film with thikness about 0.6 mm
Attached Thumbnails
DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-1.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-2.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-3.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-5.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-6.jpg  

Old 08-23-2009, 12:23 PM

First began with the interior.
Attached Thumbnails
DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-7.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-9.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-11.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-12.jpg  

Old 08-23-2009, 12:27 PM

Made some improvements for the panel
Attached Thumbnails
DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-14.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-15.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-16.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-17.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-18.jpg  

DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-19.jpg  

Old 08-23-2009, 12:29 PM

More details. I made the steering wheel from piece of wire
Attached Thumbnails
DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-20.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-22.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-23.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-24.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 08-23-2009, 12:31 PM

Gear-lever was made and a device (pointed with arrow, don't know what name exactly). This device isn't among details, so I made it in Photoshop
Attached Thumbnails
DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-25.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-26.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-27.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-28.jpg  

Old 08-23-2009, 12:33 PM

At the beginning, I planned to build the model using LED's only for front and rear lights, and side signal flashers, but after long thinking I decided to put SMD LEDs into the car interior.
The circuit is from this site: CultTVman Nate McKenna's Tyderium

First, I made power supply, using LM7809 stabilizer
Attached Thumbnails
DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-29.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-30.jpg  

Old 08-23-2009, 12:35 PM

Mounting of the first LED. Type: KPTP - 3216MGC (green)
Attached Thumbnails
DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-31.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-32.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-33.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-34.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-35.jpg  

DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-36.jpg  

Old 08-23-2009, 12:37 PM

Next detail to be illuminated
Type of LEDs: SML210YT (yellow) and KP-2012EC (red)
Attached Thumbnails
DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-37.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-38.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-39.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-40.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-41.jpg  

Old 08-23-2009, 12:40 PM

Also one LED will be installed into an appliance table. Type: KP-2012EC (red)
I used computer IDE data cable for wiring
Attached Thumbnails
DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-42.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-43.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-44.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-45.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-46.jpg  

DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-47.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-48.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-49.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-50.jpg   DMC-12 DeLorean, Time machine from "Back to the Future" trilogy / free model-51.jpg  

Google Adsense