PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 03-14-2022, 06:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 592.55 MB
help: one F1 car specific paint details race by race (1967)

I know this is VERY specific...and I don't want to bother you...also it's work for people who know a lot (crazies who love "those years")...specifically THAT year (67)...and specifically the FERRARI 312 1967 by CHRIS AMON.

What is happening?: Chris's 312 during 1967 has several logos (race numbers, sponsors...small details)...WHICH VARY ACCORDING TO THE RACE. (of course... if you see a plastic model... it will say what race it is... there are no "generic" models)

in google, in the images from 1967 we can see chris with his ferrari 312....with different numbers...20, 8, 2, 3.... (WHITE NUMBERS on the nose of the car)

...same (even worse) for graham hill's LOTUS 49 (1967)

my question is:
Does anyone know exactly what the details of BOTH CARS are?.

..or do you know of a SITE where you can find detailed information about these cars?

Thank you and sorry for this long reading.
Google Adsense
Old 03-14-2022, 06:29 PM

detailed I was referring to the painting and schemes ... and what career was it.

about why I ask this...obviously I'm in the process of EDITING an f1 free model...similar to those cars....clearly the model will be GENERIC and simple (both with the same chassis)....but when doing ( re-make) the painting as exact as possible...they will look like different and very unique cars. (
Old 03-14-2022, 07:20 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
I just did an image search for the specific car and driver, and didn't see many sponsor logos on the car, except for the Ferrari logo, the number and the Driver's name
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 03-14-2022, 07:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Not aware of any such site for F1. You just have to pick a race and start digging for info. When you get back in the 70's and earlier not much on the internet, so you have to rely on period magazines.
For the Lotus 49 there is a fairly complete book available on it: Lotus 49 -The Story of a Legend by Michael Oliver. There are several books that cover Ferrari F1. Maybe you local library might have a copy of one of them.
Old 03-15-2022, 04:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.29 GB
This is a difficult thing. In this era the various stickers could even be different in one trainingsession to the next training. And then in the following race also...
There's no specific site for this info.

You have to make Google or Bing, whatever, your friend...
Goodluck and show the result!

Willem E.
(AKA Ponytail)
Google Adsense
Old 03-15-2022, 01:13 PM

of course...you're right...the '67 ferrari 312 doesn't have "many" stickers on the car....it's not the car with the most race-to-race differences.

in the case of C.AMON... the most striking thing is the different numbers painted on his car (20, 3... etc)

but just by taking a look at the differences of the lotus 49 of the year 67 we realize that in some races, the logo "firestone", "shell", or the name of the driver... or the chassis number... changes ... they appear or they are not....
as they said... they are too small... or they don't appear... to make them GENERIC (in a plastic model)....

I will have to help me with google or some very specific site about historical f1.

(about the small detail changes... take a look at ichiyama's lotus 49... and you will know the differences race by race.... in the case of ferrari as we said... they don't have much difference. )

also about AMON's helmet...it is very characteristic...and it has a small detail.

Thank you for your answers.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:15 PM

by the way....
i have a video game (rfactor)...for this game...there is a MOD...called f1 classic (cars from 1967...car by car)
Is it allowed to expose photos of this?
in the case of the lotus... it was very helpful to see the differences. (in the case of the ferrari... it didn't help at all)