PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 04-12-2022, 08:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.86 MB
Guess this one

It’s been more than half a century since this character entered the realm of the public. Since the 1930’s he’s been in books, radio programs, movies, and in the 1960’s a very popular television series. So when a certain bloke went looking for a certain model kit a to build he couldn’t find one. He even searched a worldwide modeling forum to no avail. So he set out and collected references, sat down to work and began to draw. With this monologue, you should be able to guess what this bloke was looking for and the popular T.V. show this vehicle comes from.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf S 2.pdf (2.3 KB, 100 views)
Google Adsense
Old 04-12-2022, 08:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 15.06 MB
ST

Simon Templar | The Saint Wiki | Fandom

😎

Volvo P1800 – Wikipedia

🚗
Old 04-12-2022, 09:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 520.55 MB
So is it a Volvo or a Jaguar XJS? I don't know what (if any) other cars the character was associated with in earlier times...
Old 04-12-2022, 10:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
If its a Volvo P1800 that has been one of the most requested models for several years on the model car boards.
Old 04-12-2022, 12:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
TVs The Saint is famous for another car.

The 'Worlds Most famous Car'...
made its first on screen appearance in The Saint in 1963
before it was modified and repainted
and became an icon in Goldfinger in 1964.
Google Adsense
Old 04-12-2022, 04:57 PM

Wow, just as good as the guest stars on the old show. I've been catching up on The Saint through YouTube. I remember seeing the two TV movies "The Fiction Makers" which was a re-make of one of the TV episodes and "Vendetta for the Saint", both in color and longer than 60 mins.

My 3 favorite BW episodes now that I've seen three seasons worth are "The Counterfeit Countess", "The Miracle Tea Party" co-starring Nanette Newman, and " The Good Medicine" with Barbara Murray.

So, que up the theme song and view the pics. Not sure if I should release my quickie build just yet. As I've seen several versions of the Volvo 1800 in the series. Each are a little bit different.

This one is a Beta build and is a bit over scale. I've already corrected my CAD drawing to 1/25th scale. I'd like to color it but on the internet searches for the real car show so many great colors.

Let me know if anybody wants it in the downloads.
P.S. this was a little detour while the parts for my toysoldier series is drying under the paper weights.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Guess this one-st-1.jpg   Guess this one-st-2.jpg   Guess this one-st-3.jpg   Guess this one-st-4.jpg  
Old 04-12-2022, 05:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I remember episodes of The Saint playing on our TV back in the early 60s
but my Mom says it was "mainly because there was nothing else on". LOL
We only had three channels, and we had to put money in the set to keep it working
so it was probably challenging to find something decent to watch.

I can't say I am a Roger Moore fan...I'm not...but The Saint isn't half bad.
It was decent to watch.
And from what I've seen, it still stands up today.

The car is very cool, and everyone is always surprised to find out its a Volvo.
I remember one of the kids in my high school had one.
I thought it was cool.

Its a challenging shape...I've never considered trying to make a paper model of it.
You've succeeded in making a decent rendition of it.

I was going to ask "what scale is it" but then I noticed 1/25.

I hope you don't mind, but I am going to add a Volvo 1800 to my Koolwheelz to-do list.
It'll probably take forever anyway, and it'll be much smaller scale.

I will be downloading your file to see just how you accomplished this great design!

Looks like it was just different years of the 1800S (as the show progressed).
A 1962, 1963, 1965 and 1967 model.
Cars in the Tv Saint series: IMCDb.org: "The Saint, 1962-1969": cars, bikes, trucks and other vehicles
Old 04-13-2022, 12:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.17 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubting Thomas View Post
Wow, just as good as the guest stars on the old show. I've been catching up on The Saint through YouTube. I remember seeing the two TV movies "The Fiction Makers" which was a re-make of one of the TV episodes and "Vendetta for the Saint", both in color and longer than 60 mins.

My 3 favorite BW episodes now that I've seen three seasons worth are "The Counterfeit Countess", "The Miracle Tea Party" co-starring Nanette Newman, and " The Good Medicine" with Barbara Murray.

So, que up the theme song and view the pics. Not sure if I should release my quickie build just yet. As I've seen several versions of the Volvo 1800 in the series. Each are a little bit different.

This one is a Beta build and is a bit over scale. I've already corrected my CAD drawing to 1/25th scale. I'd like to color it but on the internet searches for the real car show so many great colors.

Let me know if anybody wants it in the downloads.
P.S. this was a little detour while the parts for my toysoldier series is drying under the paper weights.

Jeff
That's a pretty good result there.
It is a tough choice with many cars of this era. Which curves to put in and which to leave out. I am just finishing an Iso Grifo and a Lambo Miura.
In small scale.
Old 04-14-2022, 09:26 AM

Yes, a tricky build. I see from my 3 view drawing that there is more of an elliptical shape to the car. (side to side) But that means redesigning the model more like Race Paper style with an internal former. This way the wheels won't curve with the body panels. Designed this way the side fenders could then be curved instead of being so straight up and down. And allow the front wheels to be angled if so desired. I'll try putting the Race paper style internal box inside.

The front shape in the close up pictures and the show seem to show that the car also curves front to back behind the hood grill, which seems to be hard to replicate in paper too.

TV sets along time ago used so many vacuum tubes. I remember my late oldest brother spending weekends, with the back panel opened up and him fiddling around inside with the volt meter out and related tools.

Since a good chunk of us all like airplanes on this site, there was an episode titled "Flight Plan" in the series. There are some good scenes of the "Pegasus" VTOL aircraft where The Saint - Roger Moore foils the theft of the RAF plane by the Russians. Good scenes of the then new Harrier Jump jet we all know and like.

Jeff
Old 04-14-2022, 09:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 35.91 MB
did you make that car free style?? like sketch build or did you get that out of a website link?
Google Adsense