PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 06-14-2022, 06:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 461.87 MB
DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale

These last weeks I was finishing another part of a someday-to-be-diorama, a pilot-boat being slipped in harbour to be towed away. The boat has reached such a state of semi-finishedness, that I consider to leave her that way, pretending her being stripped for transport.
This next part is the truck, an old Dutch DAF XM with heavy duty equipment, driving for Mammoet Road Transport, a sister to Mammoet Towing. The model, once upon a time, was published at the old site of minimodel.cz, came along with interior cabin equipment and will hopefully sooner or later be revived at the new site - it´s worth Your while, I promise!
Chassis and cabin went together like a dream.
Attached Thumbnails
DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-01.jpg   DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-02.jpg   DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-03.jpg   DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-04.jpg   DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-05.jpg  

DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-06.jpg   DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-08.jpg   DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-10.jpg   DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-14.jpg  
Old 06-14-2022, 06:28 AM

What gave me a lot of trouble (and didn´t work out well) were the lot of wheels, that I made the mistake of using. Thankfully, the fenders block a lot of them from sight and the rest of the chassis lure the eye away, but one day I will do them again. Still, the finished truck, together with it´s future load, look nicely enough not to be thrown away.
The trailer will take some more weeks, probably, but this is not the end (yet).
Attached Thumbnails
DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-15.jpg   DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-16.jpg   DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-17.jpg   DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-18.jpg   DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-19.jpg  

DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-20.jpg   DAF XF Mammoet Road Transport, ZMK, 1:250 scale-21.jpg  
Old 06-14-2022, 07:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I certainly do not have the eyes to do anything like this any more. Great job
Old 06-14-2022, 07:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.52 MB
Nicely done, it's so tiny...
Old 06-14-2022, 08:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Amazing, at such a small scale. I can almost see the individual paper molecules . Very nice build!

Cheers,
Erik
Google Adsense
Old 06-14-2022, 06:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
Hello Heiner,

If you remember minimodel.cz you probably know they also hosted a few 1:300 models like the Czech trucks and Land Rover Defenders - I thought they'd be an easier starting point for 1:250 rescales.

Then there's PRModels and RandPModels for boxier, mostly military vehicles in 1:250 but also include dioramas of prime movers hauling train cars and passenger jets.
Old 06-15-2022, 02:19 AM

Thank You all very much for Your kind appreciation!
@ Ifuente: thank You, too, for reminding me! Indeed, I forgot those 1:300 models completly, mainly, because I rather build civilian things and these are mostly military, if memory doesn´t fail me. Still, I will look them up.

If there is no sweet surprise in stock, I plan to do the Rogers CY35PL CENTURY with a few modifications as a trailer, and some hoist like the 50 BFMII from marinetravelift.
We will see...