This model is one of my 'to do' list:(

Wayne
Old 08-30-2009, 08:32 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
So is this the same guy (the original designer/owner)?
Batmobile on eBay Aug.30/09
Hes using "Claudio's" images among other things!
No, that doesn't seem to be Claudio, considering Claudio provides this model for free on his website. What's the current practice when finding a pirate model? Claudio should at least be notified. I don't have the time at the moment to look up Claudio's info, but will later unless someone else gets to it first.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 08-30-2009, 02:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I just sent a private message to cadias.

Ken
Old 08-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Well here's the next few parts made. Not sure what the box type things on the back plate are called... i think they're parachute boxes
Attached Thumbnails
The Batmobile-dscf1131.jpg   The Batmobile-dscf1132.jpg   The Batmobile-dscf1133.jpg   The Batmobile-dscf1134.jpg   The Batmobile-dscf1135.jpg  

The Batmobile-dscf1136.jpg  
Old 08-30-2009, 05:18 PM

They are indeed parachutes Peter. The Dynamic Duo would use them to execute 180 degree turns, and then leave them to be picked up by "Bat Mobile Parachute Pick-up Services" (or some such name). No doubt one of the many cottage industries that sprang up in Gotham as a result of having Batman in town.

Looking very good sir

Mike

Last edited by Bomarc; 08-30-2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: You have to guess....
Google Adsense
Old 08-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomarc View Post
They are indeed parachutes Peter. The Dynamic Duo would use them to execute 180 degree turns, and then leave them to be picked up by "Bat Mobile Parachute Pick-up Services" (or some such name). No doubt one of the many cottage industries that sprang up in Gotham as a result of having Batman in town.

Looking very good sir

Mike
Thanks for the heads up, because i really wasn't sure what they were - but i do now thanks to you Thanks also for the compliment - coming from the MASTER engine builder, it really does mean alot
Old 08-30-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
.....coming from the MASTER engine builder......
Phiffft! Please.....thanks anyway

But on a more important note, wouldn't you know it, there's a picture of the van on the internet:

Mike
Old 08-30-2009, 06:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
The tv show Batmobile was build from the Lincoln Futura showcar that had been stored at Barris' shop. Originally Barris had designed a different car that he'd jobbed out to Dean Jefferies, this one was going to be based off a 59 Cad. But when the studio wanted something right now, Barris decided to use the Futura and designed some mods to it that were done by either Dick Dean and Jeffries or Bill Cushenberry and Jeffries. Dean told me he did a lot of the work on it, but a lot of the sources say that Cushenberry's shop did the work. Since Cushenberry was located in the Monterrey area (south of San Francisco) and Dick was working mainly out of Barris' shop at the time with Jeffries shop only about 3 or 4 miles from Barris' I tend to go with them doing the work. The story goes that Barris' shop did the red repaint on the Futura and then it was returned to him for storage since he was getting more involved with doing movie work and that Ford just sort of lost the records of it.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Peter it looks like a cool model! Whulsey you have inside info on these hot rods, wow! Seems to me the Hot Wheels cars had some designs by those guys when I was a kid...
Old 08-30-2009, 09:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Several of their cars were used either directly or as inspiration for some of the Hot Wheels: Cushenberry's Car Craft Dream Rod and Jeffries Manta Ray just off the top of my head. Dick Dean in the late 60's got into building his own dune buggy design: the Shalako that MPC did a model kit of and I think a Hot Wheels was done of it. I moved to OC, CA in 67 when lots of these stuff was really going on. In the early 70's I used to hang out at Movie World Cars of the Stars when Roth was working there. Then in the late 70' I meet Budd "The Kat from AMT" Anderson. Throught him I really got to meet a lot of these guys and get into their shops and stuff. Here's a photo of Budd and I from about 1990 just after getting back from Dick Dean's shop in Fullerton.
Attached Thumbnails
The Batmobile-wwayne-w-budd-kat.jpg  
Google Adsense