PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 08-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Post The Batmobile

Hi guys. Well here's the start of my build of the Batmobile {free download by Clavoid} I am printing her out on matt card then when she is completed i will give the model a shiny finish. Just the Chassis done at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails
The Batmobile-dscf1125.jpg   The Batmobile-dscf1126.jpg   The Batmobile-dscf1127.jpg   The Batmobile-dscf1128.jpg   The Batmobile-dscf1129.jpg  

The Batmobile-dscf1130.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 08-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
I did the ninjatoes version of the Keaton Batmobile. Is this the one? It was an enjoyable build and the instructions were much better than the Tumblers. The color was too greyish for me so I repainted it total black.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.00 GB
Pete, you are off to a flying start mate, I'm really looking forward to seeing this one as you work your magic on it.:D:D
Best wishes
Mick
Old 08-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroxide View Post
I did the ninjatoes version of the Keaton Batmobile. Is this the one? It was an enjoyable build and the instructions were much better than the Tumblers. The color was too greyish for me so I repainted it total black.
I can't find a disigners name on the pages anywhere, the only thing i have is the CLAVOID logo on the underside of the chassis part - She is fairly black now, but when i give a spray of gloss it will darken her to full black, if not i will re-paint all together, see what transpires

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyfe View Post
Pete, you are off to a flying start mate, I'm really looking forward to seeing this one as you work your magic on it.:D:D
Best wishes
Mick
Thanks mate, the only extra i will give to this one will be rotating wheels on a full axle - and maybe {just maybe, positionable front wheels} we will see what happens.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:26 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
I can't find a disigners name on the pages anywhere, the only thing i have is the CLAVOID logo on the underside of the chassis part
Looks to be the 1966 Batmobile designed by Claudio Dias available on his website at paperinside.com - FREE Paper Models 1966 Batmobile. An excellent looking model indeed.

From Claudio's site:

Edit: Looking at the parts sheet, it doesn't say CLAVOID on the bottom - it says CLAUDIO. Tough to tell because of the stylized letters unless you already know what it says. :P
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Google Adsense
Old 08-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmags View Post
Looks to be the 1966 Batmobile designed by Claudio Dias available on his website at paperinside.com - FREE Paper Models 1966 Batmobile. An excellent looking model indeed.
From Claudio's site:
Edit: Looking at the parts sheet, it doesn't say CLAVOID on the bottom - it says CLAUDIO. Tough to tell because of the stylized letters unless you already know what it says. :P
Yo.... Thanks for that matey, and yes it really is hard to read that kind of lettering :D
Old 08-30-2009, 06:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
This will be a cool build thread. It really brings me back to the 60's when I would watch the TV series of Batman (in color) on the old RCA, just to see the Batmobile!

I can't exactly remember which actual GM car was used to make the original version of the Batmobile, but I know it was a 1959 something, and I am 85% sure that it was a Chevrolet. I also believe it was a Barris design. If anyone knows for sure, please jump in.

Ken
Old 08-30-2009, 06:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
After posting the last entry, I thought I would investigate the history of this car. It was indeed George Barris (a famous custom car designer at the time) who was contracted to design and build the car. It was a 1959 GM chassis, but not a Chevy; it was a Cadillac. I also learned that the shape/styling was loosely based on a Lincoln show car called the "Futura". If you take a look at the mid to late '50s Lincolns, you can see the family resemblence in the front facia.

There were 3 prototypes that were built for the TV show, but dozens of replicas have been built over the years - I have seen several myself in the annual Woodward Dream Cruise here in Detroit. This car ALWAYS gets a standing cheer from the croud.

Ken
Old 08-30-2009, 06:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I've had this "free" paper model for quite sometime.
I was impressed with the original build done with glossy papers.
And its still available I see!

Good to see someone tackling this!

So is this the same guy (the original designer/owner)?
Batmobile on eBay Aug.30/09
Hes using "Claudio's" images among other things!
Old 08-30-2009, 07:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 858.39 MB
wow nice batmobile... here's mine
Attached Thumbnails
The Batmobile-p7030034.jpg  
Google Adsense