PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Comedy stand

Old 02-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
They walk Among us......

Job Coach to Job Candidate: "Let me put it to you this way: if you can find yourself a VILLAGE without an IDIOT, you have got yourself a job...."

"Idiots are like the poor: They are always with us". -Anon.

Some random observations from the broad and fertile fields of human stupidity......

IDIOT SIGHTING:
My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter.
She said, "You gave me too much money."
I said, "Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back."
She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said "We're sorry but we can't do that kind of thing." The clerk then proceeded to give me back 75 cents in change.
Do not confuse the clerks at MacD's.
IDIOT SIGHTING:
We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, "Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower." I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4 and he said, "NOOO, it's not. Four is larger than two."
We haven't used Sears repair since. Happened in Ottawa .
IDIOT SIGHTING:
I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbour call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: "Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore."
Story from Collingwood , Ontario .
IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.
From Winnipeg , Manitoba .
IDIOT SIGHTING:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?"
To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?" He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."
Happened in Toronto , Ontario .
IDIOT SIGHTING:
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged co-worker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing driving?!"
She is a government employee in Montreal, P.Q.
IDIOT SIGHTING:
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "its open!"
His reply: "I know. I already got that side."
This was at the Ford dealership in Guelph , Ontario ..
STAY ALERT! They walk among us...
Old 02-14-2011, 11:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
There are many ER Idiot stories, the best one was checking a 14 year old for pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases I asked hefr if she was sexually active and she replied No I just kinda lay there!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
As a city transit bus driver, I see what seems like more then my share. I often wonder with some who dressed them and got them to the bus stop...and so many are belligerant in their ignorance.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB
Sorry, not finding this thread amusing at all.

Isaac Asimov
Old 02-18-2011, 10:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 709.4 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
Sorry, not finding this thread amusing at all.
too busy working on the drivers door? Hehehe, just messing with ya. Seriously though, I run into idiots alot down here, and most of them are in the public education system. I fear for the next generation.

http://dented-rick.deviantart.com/
Google Adsense
Old 02-19-2011, 09:47 AM

I once had a conversation with someone about living in a cabin without electricity,
her reply was "Oh, so you had to watch TV by candlelight?".

Old 02-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned

Idiot is a really old word. I am sure that the need for the word preceded it's current, relatively modern utterance, but it is old nevertheless. In the early Roman sense, one would find themselves surrounded by idiots. If everyone feels surrounded by idiot's, then the consciousness of the world is experiencing sensation of the it's own idiocy pervading, or not.

Idiot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 02-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
And from Ambrose Bierce's Devil's Dictionary:

"IDIOT, n. A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human affairs has always been dominant and controlling. The Idiot's activity is not confined to any special field of thought or action, but "pervades and regulates the whole." He has the last word in everything; his decision is unappealable. He sets the fashions and opinion of taste, dictates the limitations of speech and circumscribes conduct with a dead-line."

Yogi (what, me worry?)
Old 02-19-2011, 05:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 697.0 KB
Idiot: From the Greek idiotes, an adjective meaning "one's own." An idiot is anyone who thinks only about his own things. All of us have acted idiotically from time to time, but some have raised it to a high art.

Garland
Old 02-19-2011, 06:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952

I think they are pretty well spread out across the globe so that no one area lacks for their fair share. Although they do seem to congregate heavily in the capital cities of each nation for some reason, we call them politicians.
Google Adsense