PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Comedy stand

Old 04-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
this joke was on me!

so i go to the store to save money on meat. i buy a huge bag of chicken thighs , right? last me two weeks right?
not after cccking.
squab thighs maybe,.......you can close your fist around them after they are cooked.
i would post a pic but its just to pathetic.
im not a little man.
i need at least 3 of these, when 1 normal thigh would have worked.
i dont know how they bloated when freezing, to make them look so plump and big. and i have steamed them boiled them, baked, and now fried with peanut butter.
still micro chicky.

i guess thats all.
jim
Google Adsense
Old 04-23-2012, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Probably soaked in water before freezing to help bulk them up. Water expands when frozen.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Banned

some kind of dirty commie trick.........
Old 04-24-2012, 06:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
The old trick used to be to inject the meat pieces with a form of unflavoured aspic, basically weak gelatine in water, heavily injected.
In this way, meat portions sold by weight actually *did* weigh the amount the packaging said, but up to 50% of that weight was the water.

Naturally, once cooking starts, the water boils off, leaving the meat pieces actual size.
The practice was outlawed many years ago under the "Fair Trading" or "Consumer Protection" laws of most English-speaking nations, and in theory there is/can be legal redress by taking a complaint to the relevant section of the Dept. of Commerce, or local equivalent.
But the food processing industry knows that 90%+ of those duped by such practices will never make an official complaint: the purchasers simply don't purchase that brand again. On the other hand, there are always more folk about to purchase. Hence P.T. Barnum: "There's always another customer willing to spend money".

I'm just sorry you got caught wrong-footed by unscrupulous people selling inferior product.
The remedy is of course to make it publically known that that brand of product has that "bloat-meat" drawback.

Kind and Respectful Regards Jim my friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Banned

its another chinese plot to frustrate americans to death so that the commies take over the world!
tiney chickens
in my whine
tiney chickens
make me feel unkind.
i feel like eraserheads wifes dad serving squab chickens
its really demeaning.
Google Adsense
Old 04-26-2012, 07:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
You hit on one of my major peeves.
I have been reading the ingredients on "chikken" sold by a nearby chain grocery store and tracking prices. Over the least four months the price of chikken has been increasing, and the percent of injected "flavor enhancing fluid with natural components" has increased from 7% to 20%. Think of it, when you buy "chikken meet" from them it is 1/5 added junk.
The grocery chain was also featured in a write up in the local paper, they add red slime to the "meat" they sell.
They used to have decent products but they drove out all the local competition in a price cutting war, replaced their smaller store with a big box type ware house store, and began cutting quality and raising prices oncethey thought they had a lock on the local market.
Now I shop less often and drive to a store in a more affluent community, where they have not cut quality and are not price gouging.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:31 AM
Banned

or what???????!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am never buying '''frozen chichy squabs '' again. going with the patties next time, heck, i might even just eat salad.
i would buy food online , i used to from omaha steaks, and they were really good.
im glad you found a place that doesnt sell crap.
jim