PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Comedy stand

Old 11-02-2013, 10:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Paper Model Designer Test

Are you qualified to be a Professional Paper Model Designer?
Are you a Designer? The following short test consists of 4 short questions which test your Designing Thought Process:
1.How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend.... except one. Which animal does not attend?

4. There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles, and you do not have a boat. How do you manage it?

Answers in the next post:

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 11-02-2013, 10:43 AM

Answers:

1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?
Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and close the door. This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way. Example: adding small 1mm parts to a 1/32 scale model.

Did you say, Open the refrigerator, put in the elephant, and close the refrigerator? = Wrong Answer.
Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door. This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your previous actions. Example: Not sizing all of the model’s parts to the same scale.

3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend.... except one. Which animal does not attend?
Correct Answer: The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. You just put him in there. This tests your memory. Example: Forgetting to add part numbers to the model parts.

Okay, even if you did not answer the first three questions correctly, you still have one more chance to show your true abilities.

4. There is a river you must cross, but it is used by crocodiles, and you do not have a boat. How do you manage it?
Correct Answer: You jump into the river and swim across. Have you not been listening? All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting. This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes. Example: After the model is done, you don’t make a backup, your hard-drive crashes on the next startup….
Old 11-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
I failed the test. I never was any good at taking test. I just go blank when the testing time came. Even when I knew all the answer to the test. Sorry. wc
Old 11-02-2013, 05:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Answer: "put" would indicate that the Giraffe is either 1. dead or 2. unwilling to "get in" the refrigerator on its own.
In that case, make sure the giraffe is option 1...dead...then its a simple matter of dismembering the Giraffe
and putting its parts into some of those ziplock resealable clear pouches.
I suggest the freezer type since they are stronger and come in larger sizes for things like heads, thighs and rumps.
Oh, and don't use poison if you intend on eating the giraffe later.

Answer: what? another uncooperative animal?
I'm sorry but theres no room now that we have a dismembered Giraffe in there.
You're gonna have to go buy another refrigerator now.
I have a Whirlpool with stainless steel doors that are a lot easier clean.
Especially after you back that elephant up to the door and bash its brains in.
Oh...did I mention the elephant also needs to be dead?
Elephants are known claustrophobes, so theres no way its getting in a Whirlpool refrigerator on its own.

Answer: which one did you kill dummy? the Giraffe or the Elephant?
wait...the Lion King? Simba or Mufasa? and is Elton John hosting?
Is this pre Scar or post?
Did you invite those annoying Hyenas?
I'm not going if the hyenas are gonna be there!

4. There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles, and you do not have a boat. How do you manage it?
Answer: Well, if you hadn't killed the Giraffe and Elephant, you could have ridden one of them across the river
...I guess you'll have to go back to the refrigerator and take out a few of those ziplock baggies
...see?! the meat is still nice and fresh because you packaged it up nicely
...and using a few well placed chunks of meat you can create a trail that will attract the crocodiles
and lead them out of the river and down the street to the refrigerator salesman that sold you that overpriced Whirlpool fridge.
Once they're stuffed on Whirlpool guy, they will all be tired and will lay down for quiet crocodile nap on the banks of the river
and you should be able to slip across unnoticed.
Either that, or use the bridge that was built last week because there are crocodiles in the river.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 883.09 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Answer: "put" would indicate that the Giraffe is either 1. dead or 2. unwilling to "get in" the refrigerator on its own.
In that case, make sure the giraffe is option 1...dead...then its a simple matter of dismembering the Giraffe
and putting its parts into some of those ziplock resealable clear pouches.
I suggest the freezer type since they are stronger and come in larger sizes for things like heads, thighs and rumps.
Oh, and don't use poison if you intend on eating the giraffe later.

Answer: what? another uncooperative animal?
I'm sorry but theres no room now that we have a dismembered Giraffe in there.
You're gonna have to go buy another refrigerator now.
I have a Whirlpool with stainless steel doors that are a lot easier clean.
Especially after you back that elephant up to the door and bash its brains in.
Oh...did I mention the elephant also needs to be dead?
Elephants are known claustrophobes, so theres no way its getting in a Whirlpool refrigerator on its own.

Answer: which one did you kill dummy? the Giraffe or the Elephant?
wait...the Lion King? Simba or Mufasa? and is Elton John hosting?
Is this pre Scar or post?
Did you invite those annoying Hyenas?
I'm not going if the hyenas are gonna be there!

Answer: Well, if you hadn't killed the Giraffe and Elephant, you could have ridden one of them across the river
...I guess you'll have to go back to the refrigerator and take out a few of those ziplock baggies
...see?! the meat is still nice and fresh because you packaged it up nicely
...and using a few well placed chunks of meat you can create a trail that will attract the crocodiles
and lead them out of the river and down the street to the refrigerator salesman that sold you that overpriced Whirlpool fridge.
Once they're stuffed on Whirlpool guy, they will all be tired and will lay down for quiet crocodile nap on the banks of the river
and you should be able to slip across unnoticed.
Either that, or use the bridge that was built last week because there are crocodiles in the river.
Great answers!
Google Adsense
Old 11-02-2013, 09:13 PM

Leave it to Dave to improve on the test! Now we know why he is so good at model projects!

Mike
Old 11-04-2013, 02:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
1) Throw 2 cabbages into the refrigerator, wait for the giraffe to go for the cabbages, throw in another cabbage, and then close the door before the giraffe escapes.
The third cabbage is an optional extra, it's nice to have options.

2) African or Indian elephant?
Tab size, angle, and position are critical.

3) Crocodile number 4 - in an elephant costume.
A picture paints a thousand words.

4) Use the refrigerator as a canoe.
Obviously since you don't have a paddle, your swept along the river, out to sea, and around the planet until you get back to your own continent. You make your way up the beach and over land back to the river only to find you have arrived back where you started, the animal conference has ended with a vote to ban refrigerators.
Bad stuff happens when you don't have a paddle.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
......... so ....... i fail to see how answering all the questions correctly make anyone qualified to be a pro designer.....? ........hmm .........?
Old 11-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
im out of ink, I cant do it.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 97.35 MB
If you are a pro designer then:
1. Scale the refrigerator to 1:2; scale the giraffe to 1:33, place in the bottle holder.
2. scale the elephant to 1:72, place on the bottom (i.e. steel) shelf.
3. the millipede; the last paper modeler to attempt this ran out of #11 blades, went blind, then died at the age of 105 after assembling 976 985 feet on the 1:12 scale white beta model.
4. scale the river to 1:300; build a paper Bailey Bridge and drive across in a paper Studebaker.
Google Adsense