PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Comedy stand

Old 12-02-2013, 09:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Actually, Carl Sagan loaded up the Voyager deep space probe with a golden disk engraved with recordings of all sorts of earth sounds and music. Waves crashing on a beach, a Bach Concerto, a thunderstorm, some rock music, people saying hello in many languages, Beethoven's Fifth. The full playlist is here: Voyager - The Interstellar Mission

So when Dave's aliens do make contact, they will send back a very specific request. It will take months to decode, before NASA can announce the results:
"Send more Chuck Berry"
Old 12-02-2013, 09:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Elvis isn't dead. He just went home. *flashy thingie*
Old 12-02-2013, 10:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
So when Dave's aliens do make contact, they will send back a very specific request. It will take months to decode, before NASA can announce the results:
"Send more Chuck Berry"
True Rob.
Not much else here worth coming a billion miles for.
lol
Old 12-03-2013, 07:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 97.43 MB
Billy,
I also have had a sighting, actually two....The first was when I was a kid, and my father and I were crossing the street on a clear day, in front of our house, and we saw a very bright white glowing oblong ( sort of like a football shape) object hovering, only for about 15 seconds, then it dropped below the trees behind the opposite houses, and was gone. The edges were not sharp, had a fuzzy glow on it, I'll never forget it, it's a life changing thing, like you've been let in on a secret that everyone wonders about, but now you know. The second time was back in the spring of 2004, I was driving in the early evening, and had just stopped at a light. It was close to sunset, and the sky was the most beautiful blue, and the sun was reflecting off a round metalic,object ( It was reflecting the sun, just hanging there, and then just faded out. At first I thought there might be something on the windshield, but a few minutes later, I saw it again as it "materialized'' again..... Of course, I was alone, and didn't notice if anyone around me saw it. I've read a lot on the subject, and evidently, whenever there is a national laboratory in the area (in my case, Brookhaven Nat.Lab) there are a lot of sightings, and Long Island has had quite a few. I feel lucky to have seen what I have, but it makes you look at the world in a different way.......
Old 12-03-2013, 07:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
well, if you believe that advanced alien races happen to exist
at just the right time in the entire time length history of our universe
and are somehow aware of our existence at such a great distance
and have that awareness many centuries before we even begin to exist
and are then willing to travel hundreds of millions of lightyears
*(no...star trek warp speed doesn't exist either...it literally takes hundreds of millions of years to
travel hundreds of millions of light years...)

and all this just to buzz trailerparks in Florida at night?...
And what if I do not belive, and Im aware of these limits ?
Quote:
then you must also accept that all unidentified flying objects
are Strato-Love Ships piloted by the not-so-deceased Elvis Presley.
Then it's false equation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
True Rob.
Not much else here worth coming a billion miles for.
lol
This is sad truth.
Google Adsense
Old 12-03-2013, 12:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 209.22 MB
Hello Ufo-fans,

why the aliens have such a preference towards the USA?

Gods own country!

sincerely
peaceglue
Old 12-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
I spend a lot of time outside at night watching the night sky...sometimes through a telescope, most of the time just looking for meteors burning through the atmosphere. Since I do watch the skies often, I often see things which are odd in appearance. However, there have been six sightings I wasn't able to dismiss as something identifiable. Three involved high, and do mean really high speeds; one was stationary; another was seen through my telescope; and one involved the space station and shuttle.

Rather than litigate the sightings here, I'll just say that I have probably more experience seeing and analyzing objects in the sky than the vast majority of people have. And for me to put something in the "unidentified" column, means it really is unidentified...at least by me.

By the way...I also helped cover up two UFO events around military installations. The first was at Aviano AB, Italy on July 1, 1977. The other was in and around the St. Louis, Missouri area around Dec. 11, 1987 (Scott AFB is about 30 miles away and where I was stationed at the time). During an emergency situation on base my office began getting UFO reports from people in St. Louis. The reports lasted for about two hours, including a report from Missouri State Patrolmen.

In the first incident, we told the Italian press it was nothing more than a C-130 Hercules landing on base...and they bought it. However, the Status of Forces Agreement which allowed the US to use Aviano AB stated no aircraft were allowed to land or take off after 9 pm. This particular UFO was seen hovering above one of the Tab-V shelters which housed first strike nuclear (tactical nukes). It remained there for about 45 minutes or so. It was two days later when the newspaper in Pordenone, Italy printed a photo of the "UFO" on its front page. It looked nothing like a C-130...but I have no idea what was the subject of the photograph.

During the Scott AFB incident, I was getting so many calls, that I stepped outside and noticed some strange lights in the area above where St. Louis is located. I thought the lights looked more like aircraft in the pattern for Lambert Field, but I also knew there was a noise reduction policy there also. However, shortly after I went back to my office, I got a call from the control tower and the person I was talking to told me that a temperature inversion was in the area and was causing strange things to happen and that we might get calls about lights in the sky.

My coworker and I then began telling callers about the inversion, but I decided to call the base weather station and inquire about the inversion because I didn't notice one when I went outside for my look. The weather station said there wasn't an inversion, but that there was fog forming in the St. Louis area.

I don't know what any of what I saw or heard about was, but in the case of what I saw...I do know I saw something I can't identify.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.88 MB
I'm reminded of Monty Python's Galaxy song (last line in particular) "Pary that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cos there's bugger all down here on earth"

Thank you, thank you very much.

Currently building: USS Defiant from DS9 (Own Design!)
Old 06-05-2014, 08:14 AM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
You Earthlings really crack me up sometimes. You don't know the half of it.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
hey
I saw Elvis uncrating bigfoots in the woods from his flying saucer, he was singing jailhouse rock. that race of aliens all look like the old elvis.<^>
Google Adsense