PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Comedy stand

Old 03-17-2010, 01:10 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Woot T-shirt for today 3/17

Origami is similar to our hobby and I found this t-shirt to be mildly humorous and thought I'd share. If you're not familiar with Woot, check it out. They sell one product per day on each of their sub sites until the next day or it sells out. And they have fun with it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woot
What Do You Mean I’m Getting An F For This Art Project?

Clearly, you have no idea what art truly is.

Art isn’t about following the directions. It’s about experimentation, about pushing limits and pre-conceived notions about the world around you. Sure, Harriet “Ms. Perfect” McGillicuddy over there might get an A for correctly folding every little piece of paper into a turtle or a frog or something just like her precious “instructions” taught her, but I have taken the method an improved upon it. Behold, so-called “Art Teacher”. I have created a paper sculpture of a planet newly born from its galactic womb, imbued with all the hope and potential of the universe. Or how about this? This I created from the rage and hurt I felt when my father left as a representation of a young man’s crushed and crumpled soul as he turns inwardly away from what he perceives as an uncaring world. They’re subtle, I know, but that’s why I placed title cards next to each one.

Why, no, I don’t mind discussing my project with the principal AT ALL. Perhaps she has the eye for true creativity that you never seemed to develop in your fancy art college.

Wear this shirt: and feel the zen-like wonder of not caring if a paper crane’s tail is taller than its head.

Don’t wear this shirt: if you were one of those kids in junior high who prided themselves on making the most perfect paper fortune tellers.

This shirt tells the world: “Folding one thousand cranes might grant me a wish, but what if I was just going to wish for one thousand paper projectiles?”

We call this color: Maybe I Should Try Needle Point Navy
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Google Adsense
Old 03-17-2010, 02:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
:D That is how my origami usually turns out when trying to follow that type of folding diagram. :D