PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Contour Creative Studio's Projects

Old 10-03-2012, 02:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Farman 190 1/48 Scale NEW

This will be our next release and we expect it to be available in a few weeks. The Farman 190 first flew in 1928 and was produced in significant numbers with many engine variations. It could accommodate four passengers and was operated in France, Portugal, Romania and Yugoslavia.

This 1/48 model, as with many of our designs, has been scaled-up from our unreleased 1/72 design so the livery depicted is not 100% accurate. As the correct version is still under construction these shots will have to suffice.
Attached Thumbnails
Farman 190 1/48 Scale NEW-f190-model-34-sml.jpg   Farman 190 1/48 Scale NEW-f190-model-front-sml.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-03-2012, 02:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Fascinating, also to see how similar were the approaches of different manufacturers of the era. This speaks to me very strongly of Curtiss Robin, but I don't know who copied what from who. The fin is different, I can see that. But otherwise I would have been at a loss if subjected to an unprepared blind test.

Good to see yet another fine model from you.

Leif
Old 10-03-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Ohlsson View Post
Fascinating, also to see how similar were the approaches of different manufacturers of the era. This speaks to me very strongly of Curtiss Robin, but I don't know who copied what from who. The fin is different, I can see that. But otherwise I would have been at a loss if subjected to an unprepared blind test.

Good to see yet another fine model from you.

Leif
Thank you Leif. Hope all is well in the Northern Hemisphere. The tail, for designers of the 1920's period often constituted a 'signature' for the manufacturer. The Farman fin is similar to the one on the Goliath 1919 and the Jabiru's 1920's.

The most distinctive aesthetic aspects of the Farman 190 are it's stretched octagonal main plane, circular windows, and distinctive tail. You always appreciate as a designer the relationship between proportions and forms and how they work (or otherwise) with paper. One of the nice things about the Farman 190 is its lack of compound curves making it a naturally appropriate subject for modeling in paper.
Attached Thumbnails
Farman 190 1/48 Scale NEW-farman-190-alexander-sml.jpg  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Thank you. Now I see it better. No way of mistaking that for a Robin. Still couldn't have place it, though. Now I know better. -Leif
Old 10-04-2012, 09:56 AM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Nicely...,

A "Right Cracking Flying Contraption" - Love the porthole windows...,

-Gil
Google Adsense
Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 PM

Yes..I love the portholes too Gil..

Typically the images least available in researching historic aircraft is the Plan view (looking down on a wing).

In this case the abundance of side profiles and photographs from the ground present the Farman as a busy airframe of struts.

I attach an image showing the Farman 190, particularly focusing on that very attractive main wing, which I think redeems it somewhat.
Attached Thumbnails
Farman 190 1/48 Scale NEW-two-f-190s-sml.jpg  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:00 PM

Finished!!!!..F 190 FAIYD

Rosie has just finished the 1928 Farman F 190. I attach the cover and some images of Rosie's excellent prototype build right down to the horn balances. We understand this is the first time this aircraft has ever been available in a kit form.

The beautiful chocolate and yellow F190 represented provided transport for the Orchestra Alexander, who were providing accordion and jazz entertainment for the participants and followers of the 1933 'Tour de France'.

The model assembles into a very accurate and attractive model. A long overdue addition to the world of Golden Age aviation.

This should be available through Ecardmodels very shortly. (At present the job is to finish the instructions).
Attached Thumbnails
Farman 190 1/48 Scale NEW-cover-faiyo.jpg   Farman 190 1/48 Scale NEW-f-aiyo-behind.jpg   Farman 190 1/48 Scale NEW-faiyo-top.jpg  
Old 11-22-2012, 08:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Now available at Ecardmodels....Contour Creative's Farman F.190
1/48 Farman F.190 - F-AIYD - Paper Model - ECardmodels.com Shop - Downloadable models and crafts

Old 11-22-2012, 08:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This is a really beautiful model. I just got mine from ECardmodels.

Don
Old 11-23-2012, 07:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
This is a really beautiful model. I just got mine from ECardmodels.

Don
Ditto on what Don stated!!! Just picked up my copy, and it's a beauty. Love these oldies...
Google Adsense