PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Contour Creative Studio's Projects

Old 01-10-2013, 04:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
D.H. 84 DRAGON 1932 1/48 scale

The DH 84 Dragon was an attractive biplane passenger aircraft of typical De Havilland canvas and plywood construction.It chiefly operated in commonwealth countries as well as being associated with celebrated 'thirties flyer, Jim Mollison.

Although this paper model was originally designed in 1/144 scale it was never released. There are a couple of other paper model versions of this aircraft available but we felt that there was certainly room for a Contour Creative Studio design. The 1/48 scale version I'm currently working on involves a lot of attention to the engineering. The nuances of the engine and nose construction are challenging. I attach an image showing these particular design hurdles largely resolved. One of the perversities of designing these subjects is that you find a large percentage of design time devoted to only one or two aspects of the subject being represented.
Attached Thumbnails
D.H. 84 DRAGON 1932 1/48 scale-dragon-progress-sml.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-11-2013, 06:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Will watch your progress with interest!

Wyvern
Old 01-11-2013, 11:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
A beautiful plane, well worth modelling. Yes please.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Ah, I love this plane. My wife is from the tiny island of Jersey, where Jersey Airways began it's full service in 1934 with eight of these planes. Any chance of seeing one in it's Jersey Airways livery?
Chris
Old 01-12-2013, 01:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwalas View Post
Ah, I love this plane. My wife is from the tiny island of Jersey, where Jersey Airways began it's full service in 1934 with eight of these planes. Any chance of seeing one in it's Jersey Airways livery?
Chris
But of course Chris!..we just want to make sure that it is a very precise paper model in the first place..I'm working on this one right now so, other commitments permitting, i should be able to post some progress images in the next week.

Terry
Google Adsense