PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 06-16-2012, 12:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Well, Shawn got the waterline version don, and he was kind enough to do a redesign on the wheels to make them more...builder friendly, shall we say! He has also given me a lot of small things I need to do to get it ready, and a lot of great ideas as for additions to the gun deck and so on. Enjoy these great photos. This waterline will be ready soon I hope. The full hull model will no doubt need many of the same redesigns as well!
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-sany0004.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-sany0003.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-sany0005.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-sany0006-1-.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-sany0007.jpg  

CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-sany0008.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-sany0009.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-sany0010.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-sany0011.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-sany0012-1-.jpg  

CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-sany0012.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-sany0013.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-sany0014.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-2b.jpg  
Old 06-16-2012, 01:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 40.56 MB
As always CT - an enjoyable build! Thanks for trusting me with your designs (again!). Looking forward to the next one now!

"When a habit begins to cost money....it's called a hobby."
Old 06-17-2012, 08:26 AM

Awesome build Shawn. I am going through as time allows to get the suggestions you offered into place. It makes for a far better model and I can not tell you enough how great feedback is such a blessing to a designer! Thank you,
CT
Old 06-17-2012, 09:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Shawn did a superb job, and the paddle wheels are definitely an important highlight to this build...well done!!

So very glad Shawn was able to help you in this design, Corey, it really looks great!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 06-23-2012, 03:13 PM

Getting closer. Cover done.
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-50-cover.jpg  
Old 06-28-2012, 08:31 PM

Hello! It will be ready to send to Chris tonight and will soon be available at ecards! Here is a sample of the instructions for the wheels.

This ship builds pretty much like all of my ship models so many of the picture step by step for the hull, casemate and so on will be over kill for those who build my models, but for those who have never I thought that instructions other then a simple diagram might be nice!

CT
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-8-css-louisiana-waterline-paddle-wheels.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-9-css-louisiana-waterline-paddle-wheels.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-10-css-louisiana-waterline-paddle-wheels.jpg  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.56 MB
That looks great CT! (But I guess I would say that!), but seriously, it certainly makes it easy to follow....

"When a habit begins to cost money....it's called a hobby."
Old 06-29-2012, 07:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Wow, that's really quite impressive, Corey!

You should be very happy with the way you've added to the available vessels for this series, and I, and others, always look forward to seeing your next project.

Cheers!
Jim
Old 06-29-2012, 11:17 AM

OK, folks. The model kit is in the possess of being put up at ecards! It should be available soon I am pleased with this guy. It is large, and I beleive accurate. I believe this is pretty much how the Louisiana looked on the day of her one and only fight. This model also has a lot of room for additions. Although I did not design it specificly as a cut a way, you could with a little work make up a good gun deck, filled with boxes and tools and people should you want. Because the deck was so near the water, not much was offered in the way of deck clutter. just the anchor and davit. I think this is correct. The CSS Georgia and the CSS Virginia had little deck clutter as well for the same reason.

Thank you all for following this thread. Next up will be the CSS Selma, the CSS George Page, and the USS Vindicator. Just waiting on builds and instructions.

Corey
Old 07-07-2012, 10:39 AM

The kit is now available at ecards!
1/250 C.S.S. Louisiana Ironclad Paper Model - ECardmodels.com Shop - Downloadable models and crafts