PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 04-16-2012, 06:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Here is a shot of the engine cover and vent parts. I am wondering if it is too small at 1/72 scale. If all these parts are necessary or if I should just cheat and leave them printed as vents?
CT
Attached Thumbnails
One more, the lancia 1Zm Armored car-1zmmodel-parts-post.jpg  
Old 04-16-2012, 07:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Pretty darn small, but I'd love to give it a shot. Is it possible to have two versions available; simple and detailed?
Chris
Old 04-16-2012, 08:10 AM

Good idea Chris, I think I will go that rout. I am sure some one will be able to cut and glue those parts, just not me! I would go the printed rout.
CT
Old 04-17-2012, 04:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
It looks to be another very neat iteration of the Lancia 1Zm Armoured Car, Corey my friend.
Am looking forward to seeing the final model emerge.

I've long had an interest in Armoured Cars, but not until recent times been able to do much to satisfy it. The fine vehicles you've produced have changed that state of affairs markedly.

Kind and Respectful Regards Corey my friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Could you not have the option of printing the vents flat on the piece and the modeller then cut and fold each vent up. Like the flap on a letter box?
Google Adsense
Old 04-19-2012, 11:27 AM

Thanks Uyaell! I will hopefully have some more pre-ww2 stuff coming along soon.

Sporticus, I could do that but the problem is that the vents over lap a good deal to keep out bullets. At the small 1/72 scale, however, it may give a good appearance, something between printed flat and adding the separate pieces. I will work on that and see.

CT
Old 04-19-2012, 08:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Yes that's what I was thinking. A compromise. I did think you could have the detailed version with the seperate pieces and the plain one and then my method woudl just be a way of jazzing up the plain one.

Good luck anyway.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:40 AM

OK, been a while. This is done. Well, at least the parts are done, and only in basic gray. Now for an instruction sheet and pictures. At 1/72 scale the parts are quite small and fit on 1 page. The thing comes with 8 wheels, including the two spares. I did not do the second mini-turret as seen on some models. But the wire cutters, twin gun turret, and heavy fenders are included. If anyone wants to give this a shot still, let me know. Chris? it may be a challenge but should be fun. If it works out I may do some color styles for different models...
Attached Thumbnails
One more, the lancia 1Zm Armored car-1zmmodel-post1.jpg   One more, the lancia 1Zm Armored car-1zmmodel-post2.jpg  
Old 03-19-2015, 04:22 PM

cover page... Model parts all fit on one page. This is the Z1 that was converted to the Z1M by removing the second turret and updating the chassis. Some were still in use by the Italians as lat as WW2 and the Nazi's even used a few, calling them the Panzerspähwagen IZM. Anyone want to build this?
Attached Thumbnails
One more, the lancia 1Zm Armored car-1zmmodel-parts-cover-page.jpg  
Old 03-20-2015, 02:37 PM

Decided to do a three color camouflage as well, and will likely do one in sand color as well...
Attached Thumbnails
One more, the lancia 1Zm Armored car-1zmmodel-parts-camo-post1.jpg