PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 07-30-2012, 11:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
OK, got page one done except numbering. I wonder how the texture looks to you guys. White and gray-ish ships are always hard for me.

Well, getting there anyhow. I hope some of the parts are not too small. The edging around the underside of the pilot house roof is worrisome, as are a few other small parts. I guess we will see!
CT
Attached Thumbnails
USS Thomas Freeborn waterline-uss-thomas-freeborn-parts1.jpg  
Old 07-31-2012, 05:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Looking good to me. Lots of small parts. For me it's not an issue, I either make them slowly one part at a time, or I substitute them with wire etc or I miss them out or even make them slightly bigger!!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:38 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Nice detail in the parts!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:13 AM

Thanks guys. I am excited about this one. A new member on the forum has offered to build it. He is learning a lot about paper still (aren't we all) but this will be a good test of my kits. I should have the PDF worked up today, instructions and all, and sent off tonight. Maybe soon we will have a build thread going.

This is one mode that will likely end up here in the downloads. Not because I do not think it could sell but because I have so few US ships in the downloads compared to those Rebel buggers! Also, I have a whole pile of models I am just itching to get over at Ecards.

I have been doing well this week through chemo session 9, better then expected, and my house is quiet with all the kids gone and my cats are now officially out door cats now. So I may actually try and build something! Feeling good-plus empty house-plus no indoor cats...hum, sound like a model build to me! (my cats actually like being porch sitters, the lazy buggers!)

If any one else wants to give the Thomas a go just PM me, as you all know I like to have a new model built up by more then one builder. Perspective from multiple folks is always good, as well as suggestions along the way.

Also, if anyone has the need to build big, this would make an awesome 1/72 scale build, and a good diorama, as the crew of the Thomas went ashore a lot during the war, cutting telegraph lines and generally making things difficult for Johny. Some of those 1/72 plastic figures painted to look like a shore party getting ready to do it's thing would be an awesome display of build art. I wish had the skills. When I was young I used to be able to paint them little guys. These days, not so much! I would consider beefing up the scale for anyone willing to try such a thing. Again, PM me. I am thinking a lot of balsa wood for support on something like that.

Just a thought.

Have a good day y'all.

CT
Old 08-01-2012, 10:06 AM

Getting some of the instructions ready. There will be multiple diagrams for this model. Not that it is too complicated but there is a lot of stuff on deck.
CT
Attached Thumbnails
USS Thomas Freeborn waterline-uss-thomas-freeborn-parts3.jpg  
Old 08-01-2012, 07:15 PM

I'd happily build it in 1:150 scale and fit with crew!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:35 AM

Awesome! Shoot me over your email (again) and i will get the draft out to you today. I likely still have your email but my Yahoo was recently reorganized and I am still trying to go through it all. I can't even blame yahoo this time. My own screw up!

Any interest in an actual build thread? Folks would be interested in seeing how you build up some parts to make the scale larger. Your other ships came out awesome.

Just a thought.

Thanks again.
Corey
Old 08-02-2012, 08:02 PM

Ok. Corey...will sort that out in the morning when I'm semi- awake.

I haven't benen posting much recently as not been doing any design work. Currently working hard to get my Jamestown model actually made. Then will eventually get models ready for release!
Old 08-03-2012, 05:38 AM

PM sent with email. I will do a build thread. Will also try and show how I redesign to a bigger scale etc
Old 08-03-2012, 08:44 AM

Awesome. The draft has been sent! Good luck my friend.
CT