PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 06-08-2012, 09:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
A little different idea

I am going to be working on a little different idea over the next few weeks. I will still be doing the models but I will be looking into starting an e-magazine of sorts. It will have a section with articals on history, a section on neat modeling tools and/or how to stuff, and it will have a card model in it with the history of the model. This will not be restricted to Civil War stuff. I will be in new territory for me but my wife has done stuff like this before. I would like to shoot for a monthly issuing. I am not sure on a lot of the details just yet but I am working on it.

Just giving y'all a heads up. Any ideas or comments would be welcomed!

CT
Old 06-08-2012, 10:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 205.52 MB
Great news Corey.

I enjoy your wife's writing and if she is your editor, I am sure you will have an enjoyable product. I am glad that this is an undertaking that you are able to do and I would like to suggest that you do some articles about the part of Geirogia that you call home. There are alot of interesting towns in your neck of the woods not to mention the Civil War Battlefileds close at hand. I was amazed the 1st time I saw Helen, Dahlonega and Cleveland.
Also, thank you for the new ironclad you posted and you are an answer to many prayers that have been lifted up on your behalf.
Joe
Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Corry:
Are you going to do it as a hobby Mag ie no ads? Or can you try to get some companys to pay for ads to help you pay the bills? there is a model railroad mag totals an E-zine with ads. If I was better with the computer I would enlculd the web page if you want I could possabily E-mail it to you to look at to get ideas.
I like the idea of a magizne about paper models.
Good luck and Thanks,
MILES
Old 06-08-2012, 10:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Great idea, Corey. Good luck and looking foward to seeing the results!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Keep me in the loop, I'm always interested in history of any kind...

Good luck,
Swampfox
Google Adsense
Old 06-08-2012, 10:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Cool. I'll give it some thought and come up with some ideas that may(?) help!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Thanks guys. Stories on some of the obscure historical places here and GA and SD (places I am familiar with) is a great idea. Fort Sisseton in eastern SD is a Civil War era fort originally built to combat the "Sioux uprising". It was manned originally by some "galvanized" Confederate POW's and later a troop of Black Cavalry men. The gold mine towns here in GA are more great places filled with weird history. Anyhow, like I said, a lot to do. I just need to figure out the details now.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
I think it a splendid idea to publish an eMagazine Corey my friend.
If ever you wanted articles written I'd be willing to do so as long as I had the relevant information to hand, in order to put the article together.
I'd be quite willing to contribute writing in that manner, for free.

I don't know whether you are thinking in terms of "guest contributing authors", but if so, then I'm sure there are several folk here on forum that would be willing to do so.

I wish you every success with your new eMag and look forward to seeing it published.

Kind and Respectful Regards Corey my friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Sounds cool Corey!

Bart
Old 06-08-2012, 09:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Just a couple of thoughts. I know you don't want to make it all Civil war based but....

1) You mention a local fort. I can't believe noone seems to have made card models of all the civil war forts. I'd love to see someone do that. These would be relatively simple models for your giveaway idea. Of you did your local thought you could do different models throughout the ages if it changed much.

2) I love the Illinois History site with models of the local historic buildings. Build Your Own Main Street I wish every state/town did this. Of interest to local inhabitants and modellers alike. A model of a local building every issue would be a great addition to your magazine.

3) Er.... that's it for now!!
Google Adsense