PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 07-20-2012, 06:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
I would love to have you try this.
PM me your email and I will send it direct. I do not know why the download is not working.
CT
Old 07-20-2012, 06:11 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
because we hadn't checked that section, the files have been approved, and are now available for download
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 07-20-2012, 06:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Corry and Rick:
Got it download and printout worked. Boy its small HO scale would be better but will try to make at the 1/250 scale if I have made a 13" mortar in 1/250 this should be do-able.
Wish me luck,
Have to take the Family canueing tommorw man I can't spell
Old 07-21-2012, 06:03 PM

Thanks Rick. So Miles, any luck? I am impatient! Sorry. Just can't wait.

CT
Old 07-21-2012, 07:28 PM

Dear Corry:
got it printed, this is the perfect project for those who travel each gun is a piece of card stock 1 1/2" by 1 1/2" square cutting it in 1/2 and it fits in a penny match case I think the finished gun will also fit in the case. I am now going to cut it into the glue up groups to do the doubling of thickness will put them under the cutting mat over night to dry flat. By the way I am using 110# card stock for this test. Now First question in your drawing G5 and G6 will only be 2 thickness of card stock thick, in the drawing of what goes where G5 and G6 are the same thickness as G1 through G4 a total of 8 thickness of cardstock?
More tommorow,
MILES
Had to take wife daughter and her friend out in the canue (sp) this afternoon life goes on

Last edited by Miles Linnabery; 07-21-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 07-21-2012, 09:36 PM

Possibly either way. I think four layers would probably be fine for the combination of G5 and G6.

Good luck!
CT
Old 07-22-2012, 06:26 AM

Dear Corry:
I just folded the extra card stock under G5&G6 to make them total of 4 thickness. I will try to roll the barrol, however I would normaly just go out to the garage to the mini lathe and cuck a baboo skewer and sand a barrol to shape.
More later,
MILES
Is this something like a 12# cannon?
Old 07-22-2012, 07:04 AM

Dear Corry:
As I find them I will post them. Parts G1,G2,G3,G4 are misslabled
G1=OK
G2= Should Be G3
G3= Should Be G4
G4= Should Be G2
Hope this is clear its the bottom carrage.
More Later,
MILES
Note: How about adding a Scale Drawing of the side Veiw of the cannon and carrage so the modeler can check the cardstock layers to tell correct thickness of the parts, I like the instruction picture.
Thanks
MSL
I hope this kind of feed back is what you want?
Old 07-22-2012, 07:37 AM

This is great! Thanks.

The Clyde had 24 pound howitzers, but the overall length and diameter of the tube will work for a 12 pound "heavy" howitzer, the 20 pound rifle and the 12 pound rifle gun as well. All where between 63 and 67 inch tubes so at this scale that works. Any one could have been dismounted and put on a wheeled field carriage as well. One Union ship, the USS Cimmaron, had 6 of these guns, as well as a large shell gun and a 100 pound rifle. It had the job of clearing river banks of bushwhackers and the little howitzers were great for that. Plus, they could go ashore with landing parties.

Anyhow, yes, the feed back is great! I may make a simplified version even if these prove to be build-able, as I ddo not want to frustrate those of us who simply do not have the finger skill you do. However, if these build, it will be quite the neat little model all on it's own!

CT
Old 07-22-2012, 07:58 AM

Dear Corry:
Just sent a PM too. I am enjoying this. Should the Back end of G1 be solid black as in rapped in steel? also could you put a dot on the edge where the G12's go I realize that in the coplete kit you will have the track of iron strap so you could put the carrage down and then glue the part G12 down to match the track. now Ijust made a guess as to how far back to put the rollers. G12 OK to cutout using a new sharp #11 Blade.
Thanks,
MILES
Google Adsense