PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 07-22-2012, 08:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Just so everyone know what we are talking about here are some photos. Two slide carriages were used, a short one that mounted in a ships launch for use when going ashore and a larger one that mounted to the deck/bulwark for ship board use. They also had an all iron wheeled carriage for use on land. we want the larger slide carriage used aboard ships. interestingly, these seemed to have varried from ship to ship as needed. the Clyde had the support wheels moved and there are differences in other pictures as well.
CT
Attached Thumbnails
Light gun on a slide for Civil War  boats 1/250 scale-1025091011a.jpg   Light gun on a slide for Civil War  boats 1/250 scale-1025091011t.jpg   Light gun on a slide for Civil War  boats 1/250 scale-1025091012.jpg   Light gun on a slide for Civil War  boats 1/250 scale-2934380505_838257f7b7_z.jpg   Light gun on a slide for Civil War  boats 1/250 scale-rifled-howitzer-slide-nipsic.jpg  

Old 07-22-2012, 10:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Corry:
It looks right to have 4 layers of G5&G6. I just reprinted the page on 20# bond paper to try the barrel. have to go to town picknic will post results after dinner.
MILES
Old 07-22-2012, 10:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
Dear Corry:
I just folded the extra card stock under G5&G6 to make them total of 4 thickness. I will try to roll the barrol, however I would normaly just go out to the garage to the mini lathe and cuck a baboo skewer and sand a barrol to shape.
More later,
MILES
Is this something like a 12# cannon?

I want a mini lathe.....well, I also want a garage!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:02 AM

I would love a mini lathe. I had a small bench top while living in SD that my dad and I used for simple gun smithing projects, but a mini-lathe would be awesome for this kind of thing. A drummle tool and some sand paper or files is the closest thing I have.

I am going to suggest in the instructions to use a piece of brass wire for the gun tubes on the howitzers as an alternative to trying to roll the paper.

CT
Old 07-22-2012, 01:52 PM

Corry:
I just looked 49 other cardmodelers have down loaded the model I am feeling lonely out here making it. now starting to do the barrel. I aught to do G10 so what out of order. got the 110# card stock barrel cut out next to roll. going to cut out the 20# bond barrel right now.
More after dinner,
MILES
Google Adsense
Old 07-22-2012, 06:40 PM

Dear Corry:
Here is a picture worth 1000 words, I now think that I am NUTZ, 1/250 scale is fine for stuff 800 feet long 250 foot wide etc. OMG that gun and mount is small. the barrel is the same 110# cardstock, I added a piece if a brass sewing pin as the elevation screw. in a few days when my eyes have uncrossed I might try the barrel from the 20# bond paper. I got the across the street friend to take the picture up load to his computer e-mail to my computer, then upload to this post, Ithink it worked I do have 4 more picts if you want to see.
Thanks Corry for the chance to do a beta build.
Hope this is alright,
MILES
Attached Thumbnails
Light gun on a slide for Civil War  boats 1/250 scale-picture-677.jpg  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:48 PM

Wow. That is cool. I go away for a few hours and come back and I have pictures of an ant cannon! cool. It came out better then I could have ever thought! Thanks Miles.
CT