PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 08-11-2012, 07:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Here are some more shots. I have a lot of details to go. The rudder rigging and collapsible rudder sail rigging need to be completed. A lot more rigging actually. And I plan on making collapsible side sails as well. I think if this thing could ever work it would run on wind alone as much as possible due to the small amount of fuel it could carry. And the ornate decorations, lots coming.
CT
Attached Thumbnails
Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost8.jpg   Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost9.jpg   Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost10.jpg   Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost11.jpg   Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost12.jpg  

Old 08-11-2012, 08:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I think you need ornate rings attached to the 3 braces to go around the balloons and hold them in place
Old 08-12-2012, 04:56 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
It's beginning to look weirdly wonderful. I'm glad to see the scalloped addition to the rudder. I was thinking it was looking too plain. Some port holes in the taller section of hull might be in order. Nice job CT.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:00 AM

Thanks guys. Don, I have also added collapsible scalloped sails to the two forward frames as well. And your right ports holes coming soon! Along with pictures.

CT
Old 08-12-2012, 06:19 AM

Here are some shots of the ships new sails. (15-16) Two sets on each side, designed to retract and set with a minimum of crew. I left the second set collapsed so as not to block too much of the view of the ship. (17) Also seen is the ornate crown on the stack. (18) Aft, looking forward. (19) Also is a picture from the helm looking forward. (20) Anonther view looking up at the walking beam and stack from the deck. (21) A view from the foredeck looking aft.

This would be an uncomfortable ride. Crowded for sure!

More to come soon.
CT
Attached Thumbnails
Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost15.jpg   Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost16.jpg   Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost17.jpg   Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost18.jpg   Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost19.jpg  

Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost20.jpg   Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost21.jpg  
Old 08-12-2012, 07:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Nice ship Corey. Jules Verne's Albatross from The Master of the World novel would make a great companion piece for this model. And if I remember correctly it could fly on steam power because is was made of paper.

Curt
Old 08-12-2012, 09:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
The tall ornate stacks would look good. Perhaps have some pipes leading from around the base of the stacks to the bottom of the hot air balloons. There could be a valve arrangement to control the hot exhaust gases going into the hot air balloons instead of a propane burner set up like modern hot air balloons have.

The design so far looks good.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
This is looking punkier and punkier....great stuff. Doug's suggestion is right on...it lends itself to all kinds of possibilities for valves, pipe runs, catwalks, and other good stuff, like gun blisters festooning the sides of the gas bags ala Agatha Hetrodyne.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
This is really an inspired design! Wonderful work so far!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.79 MB
WOW! First, I finally get a full time job after 4 years, Second, I can afford to purchase a new ink cartrige and print all of those models I've been collecting, and now the great paperclad model maker CT Ertz creates a fantastic steampunk airship! Either my luck has vastly improved, or the world will be blowing up sometime soon.
Google Adsense