PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 08-14-2012, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPeR View Post
WOW! First, I finally get a full time job after 4 years, Second, I can afford to purchase a new ink cartrige and print all of those models I've been collecting, and now the great paperclad model maker CT Ertz creates a fantastic steampunk airship! Either my luck has vastly improved, or the world will be blowing up sometime soon.
Congratulations on the job and the ink cartridge!

Uh, oh yeah, today at 3:56PM the Earth will be cleared away to make room for the new Intergalactic Breeblebox Memorial Freeway by the Vogon Constructor Fleet....., Sorry, couldn't resist that.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 933.7 KB
Send a message via MSN to josbakkers
Seeing Your Airship reminded me of an old Czech cardboard kit in my
collection.Seen as a model before, from Curt,this one is made of paper. The original flies on battery's as Jules Verne told us.
But Your's is looking great as wel,can't wait.
Jos
Attached Thumbnails
Steam Punk project-scan0002.jpg  
Old 08-14-2012, 10:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Great design, Corey! Don't get too carried away, though. Maybe leave some of that for the individual so each is 'customized'.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Thanks guys for so many positive comments and suggestions.I think I am about done with the model, and will start parting it out soon. I will also post pictures. I added the porthole, rearranged some of the back deck and also added the pipes and catwalk for the hot air system. I have not added any guns.

What scale? The bolloon lengths are like over 250 feet. 1/250 scale would work but make a lot of the gondola details useless. 1/150 or 1/100 scale would make the gondola pop but the balloons would be huge!

A lot of the parts will be optional or additions, so a guy can change, or add his own ideas. Customization is a good thing!

CT
Old 08-14-2012, 10:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Corey, my vote is for 1:150. Way I look at it, the whole purpose of the model is the gondola, which needs to be about a foot long to really do justice. Looking forward to this one.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:17 AM

You called it! 1/150 scale it is. That might just be big enough for Amber to get some 2-d cut outs of steam punk figures put together to go with this.

Still thinking of the guns...And I need to add a pressure gauge and cut off valve to the hot air pipes. I also considered a pair of pusher props under the gondola to help with lift but I think I will stop while ahead!

To all who want to build it...be ready to rig! the thing has a lot of says and some running rigging just to keep the "ship" in the airship. Also, railings. It should have railings!

CT
Old 08-14-2012, 06:35 PM

OK, a few shots of the catwalk and hot air pipes. I have a ladder and some rigging to do and it will be done...except for a gun or two? May be. optional at any rate. Then for coloring. I am out of my depth here. Are the gears to be bronze, wood, cast iron?
CT
Old 08-14-2012, 06:54 PM

Sorry, having trouble tonight with my windstream internet. Here are the pics!
Attached Thumbnails
Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost22.jpg   Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost23.jpg  
Old 08-14-2012, 07:00 PM

And a couple more.
Attached Thumbnails
Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost24.jpg   Steam Punk project-steam-punkpost25.jpg  
Old 08-14-2012, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great images! This is going to be a formidable model.

Don
Google Adsense