PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 01-19-2017, 09:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Good to see you back. I'm a nurse, and I see everyday what people go through who are on chemo. I'm glad you're doing better, and my prayers are with you.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.97 MB
Welcome back, Corey. You've been quite prolific in designing models and no doubt that is because modeling inspires you. Such inspirations keep us going. Follow your Muse.

All the best,

--jeff
Old 01-19-2017, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Thank you all so much. I am awaiting a new computer so I can start new model designs and finnish others. In the wait I will build a few to get back into the swing. If you want to write, then read a lot. If you want to design, then build!

I am feeling great and in a couple of weeks my last weight lifting restriction will be removed. I did have one panic attack and I have pretty bad nightmares. Comes with recovery I am told.

I am attaching a picture of me a day after the operation and on now. Please excuse my Buddha Kat. He is happy to cuddle.
Attached Thumbnails
I almost died... but i am back now!-20161118_120847.jpg   I almost died... but i am back now!-20170101_220039.jpg  
Old 01-19-2017, 02:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Sounds like a plan. Cats and dogs always seem to know when we need a lift
Old 01-19-2017, 08:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Welcome back, Corey. I found paper modeling is a good therapy for post traumatic events. It's cheap and quiet and keeps the mind occupied. My standard answer to why I make models is "to make the voices go away".

For the modeling community, might I suggest purchasing some models from ecardmodels.com now to help Corey get a new computer.? Or just send him a few dollars as an outright donation? Seems like a good welcome back plan.
Google Adsense
Old 01-19-2017, 10:35 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Recognition...

Glad you're back Corey and even happier to hear that you are defining your future and not letting a disease define it. That's heroic.

I need to inform you, that even in your darkest hours, you were making a difference in people's lives. Last year I began a rehabilitation project for some young people facing considerable disadvantage and one of the kits used for the pinnicle exercises used your Albermarle model that we built as the CSS Neuse. After weeks of instruction and effort, the youth participated in a contest that was judged by city officials and are now about to be exhibited in the CSS Neuse Museum.

Your designs inspired some very vulnerable people to reach levels of accomplishment and self confidence that had not previously known, and they found skills and abilities that they had not guessed that they had. In the process, they also built relationships and trust with caregivers and positive role models.

You have had a rough time of it but you need to be recognized for your contribution, and you need to know that your wrk made a difference in other people's lives.

Slainte~
Old 01-20-2017, 12:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 205.52 MB
Hey Corey. It is good to see you posting again. I can not imagine the procedure you have been through but have family and friends that have been through it and are now as ornery as ever. It appears that not rushing the recovery process is a key to a good outcome. I am looking forward to new releases from you and I look forward to posts of your clothing line again.

Joe
Old 01-20-2017, 04:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 128.43 MB
Hey, Corey!
Good to hear from you !
Congratulations to endure, and all the best!
The last time I thought of you often. And also I am rooting for ...
Okay, buddy, come back to the ship !!!

Sorry, English is still poor ...
Old 01-21-2017, 01:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 145.94 MB
Welcome back Corey. So glad to hear you're beating the big C.
Who needs to waste time on Facebook when there's so many friends here!
Old 01-28-2017, 04:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 28.80 MB
Welcome back Corey! You have been missed! It hasn't been the same around here without you. Please be careful of Facebook. I had to completely stay away from there for my own well-being.
Google Adsense