PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 01-18-2017, 09:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
I almost died... but i am back now!

Wow. Its been a long while. Sorry to leave for so long. I am reading all the posts on these past projects and will get answers as I can. First let me just say that although I have all of my projects on a heard drive and I did recover my pass word, I have limited access to an actual computer. My pone is the only thing keeping me connected to the world at large right now!

As many of you know, I had a sucky go around with cancer. This sucked and chemo sucked and eventually my attitude sucked and everything spiraled down the toilet. When I did have good days I worked on my historic clothing in an attempt to shore up our finances. Only the love of God and my family kept me from doing something really stupid. If you have been there you know what I mean.

Well after much trial and error the Doctors came up with some pills that slowly, and painfully, began to reclaim my body from the cancer. By then the only thing I was doing was sitting around on Face Book and not doing much else. But slowly I began to be more active. But life still wasn't what it should be. Then my Grandmother died. My great aunt died. and my computer died. and what I didn't know, I was close to following them..

The original strong intravenous chemo that didn't work on the cancer did damage my heart. So on 11-11-2016 I had a heart attack at 45 years old. I nearly died on my living room floor. This was followed by a "cabbage". That's doctors code for full open heart surgery. Five coronary bypasses.

All this caused me to reevaluate my life. My friends. My family.

Now, instead of locking my brain away arguing with people over stupid stuff on face book or sitting around feeling sorry for myself eating doughnuts and doing nothing else, I have been getting back into the world. I still do face book. I still do some custom sewing. But I also walk 3 miles a day with my wife, eat good, and enjoy life.

I haven't touched Gimp or Sketch Up since like October 2015 haven't built a paper model in ever. Its been a long time. But I intend for that to change. I like modeling. And I am all about finding my joy these days.

So it is with a grateful rebuilt heart and a humble mind set that I ask you all to forgive my past petulance and whininess and help me move on to better things... like models!

I am back! Thank you guys!
Old 01-18-2017, 09:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Welcome back! Glad that you are on the rebound. It is not an easy thing to overcome.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Happy to know you have faced and defeated so many problems.
The ever-going struggle is a physical as well as a mental challenge,
and you seem to have found a clearer path.

Hope everything keeps improving with your health and your state of mind.
The support of the family is crucial in times like these.

So very nice to see you around again!

Have you thought on any particular model you wish to build this year?

Kind regards,

Old 01-18-2017, 10:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.56 MB
Am SO pleased to know you're ok Corey - Great to have you back buddy.

"When a habit begins to cost money....it's called a hobby."
Old 01-18-2017, 10:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
I do plan on more model designs and I have a bunch that are nearly finished and stored on a hard drive.. all must wait for a computer however.

But. I do plan on building some modles. I have a number of plane and ship models printed out and ready as time alows. I was never an expert builder but I do have fun at it.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Glad to see you back, Corey, after that harrowing experience.

Don
Old 01-18-2017, 11:48 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Wow, that's some story. Should make everyone appreciate every day a little more.
I'm so glad to hear your doing better, keep up the walking and getting healthier.
Be strong!!
Old 01-18-2017, 01:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Glad you made it, sir. FB is dangerous. There is a direct correlation between FB usage and clinical depression. The study I read notes that while this is a strong connection, they aren't sure if folks with depression are drawn to FB or if FB adds to the depression. I think it depends on the person, but have no proof.

Good luck with getting back into the swing of things
Old 01-18-2017, 01:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Facebook causes cancer, depression and heart attacks! yay I'll back that one!!!

Life and family is more important...but if you enjoy paper models, then you deserve some fun.
Just good to hear from you again Corey.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:46 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
I'm glad that you found the strength to pull thru. I also had a ''cabbage'' for a hereditary defect at age 53. was extremely hard the last 2 years, pain, whiney, frustrated due to inability. drugs giving poor memory. also the ptsd from having ''body memories'' of the procedure coming back and dragging every other horrible memory with it. learned how to chuck that stuff away, still working on it. so I do know also.
I do recommend the procedure.
I hope that you pace yourself and proceed to accomplish everything that you planned to do before and new projects. this hobby is great! and the people who make the paper models are the ones who make it great!
hang in there and keep us posted on your designs and builds!!
Google Adsense