PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 02-13-2018, 02:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Virginia? Here I come...

Well, I do have another model about ready and many more in the works. I haven't forgotten about paper modeling! It just so happens that real life keeps me on my toes. Now that I have been pretty healthy and improving every day, I seem to never run out of things that need done. But this is over all a good thing!

First, I landed some on going contract work with B&B Tart out of North Carolina. So far I have made 28 Confederate jackets for the company since December last year. They have been well received, and more contracts given. That's been between 2 and 8 a week, depending on which ones have all hand done top stitching and buttonholes and how many have just hand done buttonholes. I love working with the museum quality jean-cloth and wools supplied by them!

The other strange thing is we are leaving Georgia. With all but one of our kids all grown up and moved out, my wife has been itching to wonder. This Thanks Giving my Father in Law invited us to his place in VA, and really put on a hard sell! Colonial Williamsburg! Bush Gardens. You get the idea. Then he showed how we could get a house of our own in a year or two, with his help. And he found us a place within our budget to rent in the meantime, and it is beautiful. This offer is just too good to pass up. Even my mom and dad up in South Dakota were in on this, and my parents are helping with a lot of the incidentals involved in moving. My dad is coming down on the 8th to help us get our stuff together for the move. We move on the 16th of March.

So, in a little over a month I will have a new place complete with a work room/studio for me, our financial situation will be well on the way to being cleaned up, and plans for a house purchase in a year or two are already underway. And my doctors appointment this week has confirmed my good health, both my heart/blood pressure situation and my cancer situation are well controlled. I will return to Georgia to check in with my cancer doctor every three months, he knows my situation and it is worth the 8 hour drive.

The dust will settle pretty quick and if things keep up the way they have been I will be sewing four days a week and have the others to make and design models, in a dedicated room! So please forgive my extreme slowness. But things are finally starting to break my way!

I wonder if there are any model shows in the Hampton Roads area? I will need to look into that!

Thank you guys. God does answer prayers!
Old 02-13-2018, 03:08 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Corey, it is truly great hear how things are looking alot brighter for you!

Concerning shows---There is this little show that happens every year in Sterling.
About 3 1/2 hours from Hampton Roads.

What is the name of it? Uhmmm, oh yeah, the IPMC show!

It would be great to see you this year!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 02-13-2018, 03:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
according to IPMS website there are the IPMS/Hampton Roads Scale Modelers who meet in Virginia Beach.

Every February IPMS/Richmond holds the Old Dominion Contest at the Richmond International Raceway. I've been to this one and its usually a nice show.

Oh and you are even closer to the IPMC in Sterling, VA too!

greg
Old 02-13-2018, 03:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 78.28 MB
Corey,

Lots of good news there! Glad things have turned around for you and the family. I lived in that area of Virginia for 13 years and I believe you'll thoroughly enjoy it. Sounds like a busy time ahead but look forward to more of your models when you have the chance.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Sounds like things are going well and only going to get better. Congratulations.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 205.52 MB
Great news Corey. The start of a new adventure and I am sure you will enjoy the journey. Look forward to purchasing some more of your models to have for my retirement.
Joe
Old 02-13-2018, 05:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
That’s awesome Corey! I’m just a couple hours away in Herndon!

Wyvern
Old 02-13-2018, 07:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Sounds like all good news, Corey!

Sure hope we will see you in Sterling this year.

Don
Old 02-14-2018, 06:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Great news! Glad to see things have turned around for you an your family. I agree with Don, Ray, and Greg, that it would be good to see you at the IPMC this year.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
That's very good news Corey when one considers what you've been through.
Google Adsense