PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 10-24-2009, 08:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
CSS Charleston-1/250 scale

Hot on the heels of my Missouri I have read for a test build the CSS Charleston. This was a 200 foot long ironclad that served as the flagship of the Charleston fleet. Similar to the CSS Virginia II, the Charleston had a larger casement and carried six cannon. Only making 5 knots do to her underpowered engine, the Charleston severed until the evacuation of Charleston by the Confederates, when she was burned to prevent capture.

This model has three pages of parts and two diagram pages. It is a waterline model and has a removable casement option with a basic intirior of guns and deck fittings. The scale is 1/250.

Is there anyone who would like to try it, I need pictures of a completd model. Doing the full intirior would be nice but not nessessary. Any takes should PM me! Thanks,
CT
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Charleston-1/250 scale-css-charlestonpost.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-25-2009, 09:39 AM

Here is a copy of page one parts before text is added. I went with a gray weathered wood tone for the fore and aft decks. Notice to how the broadside guns are off set slightly to give working room. The Charleston had six guns, two pivots and four broad side. I put the boats on the stern but i will leve an option to put them on the casement as wll, as I am unsure which way the went. Is anyone interested in a test build for me? Just PM me.

CT.
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Charleston-1/250 scale-csscharelstonpartspost1.jpg  
Old 10-27-2009, 05:12 AM

My CSS Charleston is now ready for a test build. It has optional inside parts or can be built with out them. It appears to be a good looking ship, I hope some one will take this on. just PM me with your email if you want to test build and I will send the pdf off to you.

CT
Old 11-02-2009, 07:16 PM

Hopefully we have pictures soon. the work is continuing...
Old 11-02-2009, 08:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Well, you know I'll take a shot at it, though you might not see it finished for 6 weeks! I'll build anything you design.
Wyvern
Google Adsense
Old 11-23-2009, 04:42 PM

Hello,
Royaloakmin was kind enough to start a build and give me a lot of feed back. I have been busy adding forgotten parts and updating the model files, and I hope to have another model available at Ecardmodels.com soon! Here are a couple of pics from his build.
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Charleston-1/250 scale-charleston1.jpg   CSS Charleston-1/250 scale-charleston.jpg  
Old 11-23-2009, 05:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
CT- Awesome Subject! Great choice on the wood!
Gregor
Old 11-24-2009, 11:39 AM

Things are coming along. Here is my combined diagrams. Still learning on Gimp a bit more everyday.

I am also overhauling the deck and adding placement marks for deck fixtures. I have also been busy adding more construction notes as well...
Old 11-24-2009, 12:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
I have been giving Corey lots of feedback...and he is still smiling! He also has lots of pictures to post. His graphics are very nice. This will be an excellent addition to his line of kits.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:41 PM

I have a number of models in the pre-release form, and as I get more feed back I have been cross checking to see if I have updated the other models as well with these great ideas. Here are some more of Royaloakmin's great build.
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Charleston-1/250 scale-post.jpg   CSS Charleston-1/250 scale-post4.jpg   CSS Charleston-1/250 scale-post1.jpg   CSS Charleston-1/250 scale-post5.jpg  
Google Adsense