PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 08-08-2009, 05:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Leave the stack off and it doesn't look much different from modern 'stealth' vessels...looks mean and business-like...
Old 08-08-2009, 09:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
That's an interesting thought, I wonder what her radar cross section might have been? I guess with those steam engines, her sonar signature would be huge!

As far as stealth, if the Wilmington was painted gray or light blue, and had used that synthetic coal that burns with out the black smoke, she would have been hard to spot coming. At that point the quality of her engines is what would determine her success.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi CT!

As everyone has his "lexical field" to chat with you, I have sometimes some need to watch at my dictionary, and so do not take part in the discourse. So, I sum up my opinion : It is very interesting when I see the result of your drawings.
I hope you will show the model built and with a crew on the desk, and smoke from the funnel and the guns!
Fine work, indeed!
Bye,

Thanh Thuy.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:11 PM

Trouble! I have three pages of parts and all print at different scales. How do I fix this??? Help! Please...
Old 08-09-2009, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 287.62 MB
ct ertz, I see that you put all the research material that I sent you to good use. It's always great to see a model of a Confederate warship.
Google Adsense
Old 08-09-2009, 03:50 PM

Yes I did, and I thank you much! Now I ned to gt all my pages to th same scale!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:40 PM

OK...got it worked out!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
You got it then? I got your PM, and I wrote a big long message in reply, but then my browser crashed and I lost it. So if you got it worked out, I'm relieved that I won't have to rewrite the message! :D

[email protected]
Old 08-10-2009, 08:48 AM

Thanks Avery. I got it. Printed out a test copy and all looks well enough, but the hath ways and pilot houses ae awfully flat looking because they are well angled and on the full scale would have ben only a foot high, so at this scal they are really low.

I am still playing around with the final lay out of parts and may add the ships boats and gun pot covers as well as the cannons. At least the ship is done. I may try to put another set up together at 1:150 scale just to see. Any how,
Thanks fo all of your help.
CT
Old 08-10-2009, 01:53 PM

OK, I got things rolling along, and decided to add a ships boat (a couple of civilian row boats pressed into service) and I made an 1865 CSN ensign. I will also make some cannons, though I am not sure if I will do a full brooks gun on the pivots or if I will just do the barrels. I am also moving parts around to get a better layout on the pages, and working on the instructions. Also working on the boat divots. I wonder how many ships boats a ship like this would have. There is easily room for four at the edge between the turrets, but they would block fire. There is also room for the boats stowed inboard next to the stack, and would not block fire. anyhow, no positions for these things are given on the plans so I will have to make it up as I go along! As always, suggestions are welcomed.
CT
Google Adsense