PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 07-29-2010, 12:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Jack, the Damn Yankee Cat, litterly (sorry for the pun) swept the decks last night of all my confederate ironclads. He was trying to attack a moth in the window and wasn't concerned with what got in the way. Since the Confederate Shipyard was in ruins I took that as a sign that the Union Navy needed representation. So this morning I finished up Paper Shipwrights USS Monitor. I started this kit about three years ago, so it wasn't a fast build. Anyway, here are some shots of the Monitor taking on the Virginia II. Next on the build que is the grand lady herself, the CSS Virginia.
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Virginia II Coming soon (I Hope!)-104_2308.jpg   CSS Virginia II Coming soon (I Hope!)-104_2339.jpg   CSS Virginia II Coming soon (I Hope!)-104_2341.jpg   CSS Virginia II Coming soon (I Hope!)-104_2342.jpg   CSS Virginia II Coming soon (I Hope!)-104_2340.jpg  

Old 07-29-2010, 12:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Looks excellent, as always! Glad to see some Union ships represented in your vast and impressive fleet. I saw you had asked about the Passaic kit on Zealot-glad you found it. If you end up ever building it, I'd love to see photos!

[email protected]
Old 07-30-2010, 06:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Thanks APA-168, all your designs look top notch. First I need to plow through my 4" high stack of ships yet to be built before I get to the Passaic. I'm trying to temper my passions. First, admit you have a problem. Second, admit there's a higher power (the wife). Third, moderation in all things (right . . .). Forth, shorten the "mentally built" list while lengthening the "physically built" list. But, while searching I noticed that there's not many pictures of APA-168's models built, so all you ironclad modelers need to start posting photos.

I thought Paper Shipwright's Virginia's design is interesting. He includes the interior casemate frame. The Virginia was a very large vessel, here she is compared to the Virginia II.
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Virginia II Coming soon (I Hope!)-104_2345.jpg   CSS Virginia II Coming soon (I Hope!)-104_2343.jpg   CSS Virginia II Coming soon (I Hope!)-104_2344.jpg