PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 08-16-2009, 10:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
CSS Fredericksburg coming soon!

I have started on the CSS Fredericksburg for my next project. About 1:250 scale again, this one is going fast do to the straight lines and past experiences. This ship has a neat double pilot house and the pilot houses meet the casement in a seamles angle. This one is being seen as new built, but I may recolor it to show it in it's combat colors of rust on rust!

CT
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Fredericksburg coming soon!-cssfrendericksburg1.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 08-17-2009, 10:54 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
You are single handedly re-creating the CSS navy.
Great work CT.
Mike
Old 08-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Awaiting your Ironclad. How detailed is it going to be? I have been pondering the making of one with removable top to see the working interior, but then that is just an idea for now unless someone does it first... hint....hint.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
I've seen the ironclad remains at the Confederate Naval Museum in Columbus, GA. At 1/250 scale, your model is going to be something to see! Will you make it available through ECardmodels?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:14 PM

Thanks everyone,
IThis one is going to be a waterline model much like the CSS Virginia II that I put in the free downloads section on this site. I do not know how far I will go yet on the inside details. The Virgina II has cannon with trucks/pivots but that is it right now. I may go a bit farther with the Fredericksburge.

I am planning on putting up some of these on ecardmodels.com. I am thinking of a three ship set, with a priter paper page for the flags and awnings as well. If all works out right it will go something like this,

CSS Wilmington-three parts pages, two instructions/drawings
CSS Fredericksburg-two parts pages, one instructions/drawings
CSS Virginia II-two parts pages, one instructions, drawings
Awning, flag page
three simulated water base stands
Historical notes on all three ships

This will be in one package. I do not know how Chris determins a price yet. I would like to keep it at the $6.00 mark for the set.

The Virginia II model will be a cleaned up copie of the free one available in the downloads, but with more deck parts and with instructions and some options. If you are able to build the one in the downloads, then you should be able to do all of them.

This is all down the road a bit, as I need to get everything set up right and easy to follow, and adjust any fit of parts if need. Avery has discovered a slight error in the hull fit of my Wilmington model, nothing big, just a little tweek needed.

I also have the CSS Arkansas started and the CSS Squib, a torpedo boat, started as well. I am also getting the back grownd on the armed tug, CSS Lady Davis as well. This stuff is way too addicting.

I am also planning on possably upscaling some of these to a !72 scale with plenty of detail...we shall see.
Google Adsense
Old 08-17-2009, 06:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
I have built a couple of Civil War submersibles and ironclads. I love them for their archaic and sinister outlines. So, what you are attempting to create is much appreciated and eagerly awaited.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:25 PM

OK, the CSS Fredericksburg is doe and I am awaiting the beta build and pictures! It has a limited interior, that is, I did the guns. They are the only visable things with the casement glued on. It has a nice look, with the double pilot houses and sloping seamless sides! The PDF includes anchors, boats, and hatches. The instructions are basic, but each of the parts pages have notes as well.:D Here are some examples of the modl pages. What do you all think?
CT
Old 08-22-2009, 10:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct ertz View Post
Thanks everyone,
IThis one is going to be a waterline model much like the CSS Virginia II that I put in the free downloads section on this site. I do not know how far I will go yet on the inside details. The Virgina II has cannon with trucks/pivots but that is it right now. I may go a bit farther with the Fredericksburge.

I am planning on putting up some of these on ecardmodels.com. I am thinking of a three ship set, with a priter paper page for the flags and awnings as well. If all works out right it will go something like this,

CSS Wilmington-three parts pages, two instructions/drawings
CSS Fredericksburg-two parts pages, one instructions/drawings
CSS Virginia II-two parts pages, one instructions, drawings
Awning, flag page
three simulated water base stands
Historical notes on all three ships

This will be in one package. I do not know how Chris determins a price yet. I would like to keep it at the $6.00 mark for the set.

The Virginia II model will be a cleaned up copie of the free one available in the downloads, but with more deck parts and with instructions and some options. If you are able to build the one in the downloads, then you should be able to do all of them.

This is all down the road a bit, as I need to get everything set up right and easy to follow, and adjust any fit of parts if need. Avery has discovered a slight error in the hull fit of my Wilmington model, nothing big, just a little tweek needed.

I also have the CSS Arkansas started and the CSS Squib, a torpedo boat, started as well. I am also getting the back grownd on the armed tug, CSS Lady Davis as well. This stuff is way too addicting.

I am also planning on possably upscaling some of these to a !72 scale with plenty of detail...we shall see.
Wow! My head is spinnin!
Looking forward to every bit, especially more detail!
Count me in on a sale!
I want mine!

Russell
Old 08-22-2009, 10:34 PM

I hope this one build good! Also comes with a water base.! I am going to offer it through ecardmodels for a small charge, either in a three ship pack for $6.00 or for $2.50 a for this one model. I am just waiting for the build and pictures!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:38 PM

I will also be offering in the three ship pack the CSS Wilmington in the same scale and the CSS Virginia II in two versions, the free one offered here but in better instructions and details but also a battle harrdened version with pock marks and rust! I hope that you all like them.
CT
Google Adsense