PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 09-10-2009, 05:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Corey, I am well into the Fredricksburg build and loving it. I am really looking forward to Palmetto State.

If you do the full hull version, are you going to include bulkheads. It would be so cool to do a plank-on-frame in paper.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 287.89 MB
awesome! Looking way more detailed to the other Palmetto state that I got to build!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
OK, here is my plan...and I think it is coming together. The casement is going to consist of the inner walls that will be printed details such as planks. The the laminated frames. and on the out side a plane card wall. This will be on the deck. (One or more wall will be removable along with the top deck grates). Under the deck you will have the typical formers to shape the knuckle. Under this you will have the hull bulkheads, and framers. Then I will include a sheet of 8 inch wide by 20 foot long iron bars, and 10 inch by 20 foot long wood planks. These will be cut into there individual planks. The the casement, hull, and knuckles will be planked over. Finally, the knuckle edges and the casement will be armored with the iron bars, and the lower hull will get a second layer of wood planks. This will not be as hard as it sounds. The hull is planked in two parts, first the bottom, and that is nearly flat with little cut to shap and a little plank bending. The second part, the sides, are almost vertical up to the knuckle, so again, some little cut to fit will be needed and some bending, but well with in most modelers skils...I hope!

So that's the plan...work goes on...

CT
Old 09-10-2009, 07:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Christmas is coming earlyRick
Old 09-11-2009, 07:23 PM

A bit more work. I got the tie of thingy done that goes next to the stack and I got the "quarter deck" platform and wheel done as well. I still have the capstan to do, and of coarse, the four cannon. I am on a bit of a trip visiting in laws in VA, so things are going slower...but thy have beer so all is good!

Here is a shot of the construction diagram for the pieces parts placement on the deck.

CT
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Palmetto State 1-72 scale-csspalomettostatediagram1pb.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-11-2009, 11:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 285.16 MB
Impressive piece of work!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:04 AM

Here is a close up of the wheel and deck and the pats that make it.
CT
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Palmetto State 1-72 scale-wheel1.jpg   CSS Palmetto State 1-72 scale-wheel2.jpg  
Old 09-13-2009, 08:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 287.89 MB
This is awesome! I hope those doing the test build will be able to get their hands on it soon!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:13 AM

OK, I got some few pages off to those who are doing my test builds. So far, the inside casement main deck lay out is complete with the exception of guns, shell racks, and people...but I have now way to email plastic figures so the people will have to wait. (I may include a couple of paper figures for the purpose of scale).

I have also started on the top portion of the "knuckle", This includes a base, three keel piece, and 26 cross piece. This may seem a bit over built but the overall length is nearing 30 inches so...

After this I will start on the casement walls and framing. The top of the casement is already done. Then on to the lower knuckle and hull frames!

CT
Old 09-16-2009, 06:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Looking good, Corey!
Google Adsense