PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Current Contests, Competitions, and Challenges

Old 08-09-2017, 08:55 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
August 20, World Helicopter Day

Hi all,

On August 20, the day before the great United States Solar Eclipse, there is World Helicopter Day.

World Helicopter Day - Celebrate Vertical Flight!

Therefore I am proposing a simple sprint, to August 20, in this thread.

Post your built, or half built, damaged, stages of disrepair helicopters.

If you are on social media and want to play along at home, you can use the hashtag(pound sign for the old folk) #worldhelicopterday

No pressure, just for fun, and in that vein

Morris and his wife Esther went to the state fair every year, and every year Morris would say, “Esther, I’d like to ride in that helicopter.”
Esther always replied, “I know, Morris, but that helicopter ride is fifty dollars, and fifty dollars is fifty dollars.”

One year Esther and Morris went to the fair, and Morris said, “Esther, I’m 85 years old. If I don’t ride that helicopter, I might never get another chance.”
To this, Esther replied, “Morris that helicopter ride is fifty dollars, and fifty dollars is fifty dollars.”

The pilot overheard the couple and said, “Folks, I’ll make you a deal. I’ll take the both of you for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and don’t say a word I won’t charge you a penny. But if you say one word it’s fifty dollars.
Morris and Esther agreed and up they went. The pilot did all kinds of fancy maneuvers, but not a word was heard. He did his daredevil tricks over and over again but still not a word.

When they landed, the pilot turned to Morris and said, “By golly, I did everything I could to get you to yell out but you didn’t. I’m impressed!"
Morris replied, “Well, to tell you the truth, I almost said something when Esther fell out, but you know, fifty dollars is fifty dollars!"

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 08-15-2017, 09:40 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Ok, no pushing, and shoving, everyone can get a shot.....

I thought I better put my "money" where my mouth/fingers are, and post a helicopter

From our friends over at prmodels.eu I have built their Mi-24 Hind with the Alien Tiger paint scheme, another friend of the forum, Jan Rukr, has worked on the paint job, and from what I have been able to gather, it was for a Tiger Meet that was held recently.

If you want to try your hand at the Hind, visit http://www.prmodels.eu and click on mikromodels and then the image of the Hind, and it will send you to the Hind download page.

Here is a video of the actual Hind in full painted glory. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mj3xLzrBV0&t=12s

Hope you like, and maybe add to the thread

Rick
Attached Thumbnails
August 20, World Helicopter Day-20818979_10155691518849443_5984420250154719213_o.jpg  
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 08-15-2017, 09:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
Rick,

That is a neat little model! I also like your landing pad.

John
Old 08-15-2017, 09:50 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

John,

all those parts are in the kit

Rick
Old 08-15-2017, 11:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Here's a few previously build models from Murph's Models. Just some that I still had on my iPad since I'm back on the road this week, Plus a shot of the steel horse I used to ride. Pave Low leads, anytime, anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
August 20, World Helicopter Day-img_3381.jpg   August 20, World Helicopter Day-img_0046.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 08-16-2017, 01:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 102.95 MB
Knife has set the bar very high there. Very nice helicopters.
Here is the Sikorsky S51 I did a while back. It is a recolour of the Fiddlers Green model.

Robert
Attached Thumbnails
August 20, World Helicopter Day-img_8088.jpg   August 20, World Helicopter Day-img_8086.jpg   August 20, World Helicopter Day-img_8087.jpg