PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Dave Graffam's projects

Old 02-11-2014, 11:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to DagobahDave
Thanks! I've added an optional hanging sign to this kit, which should make it even more versatile.

In working on this model, I've decided to make the most of it by releasing it in four separate versions.

There'll be a multi-layered medieval/fantasy version, but I'm not sure what to name it yet. (Suggestions welcome!)

There'll be a multi-layered steampunk version called the Artificer's Workshop. The hanging sign will include a "crossed hammers" design.

There'll be a ready-to-print version called the Artificer of Rake's Corner, which will be one-look-only (that's what I mean by "ready to print") and available at a reduced price. It will include a skin or coloration not available on the other kits.

And there'll be a PSD Photoshop kitbash version of the Artificer of Rake's Corner, which will include some bonus Photoshop layers from both the medieval/fantasy and steampunk versions. (I don't want to share *all* of my best stuff, but I certainly do want to make sure folks get access to a lot of cool stuff with these PSD packs.)

This four-release approach is really letting me do everything I want with the texture options, since I'm no longer limited to a ~$5 price point (which puts a ticking clock in my head) and practical restrictions on PDF file sizes. Every skin I want to create will be featured in one kit or another. I don't expect anyone to buy all four kits, and I'm certainly not trying to milk anyone -- I'm trying to free myself up from the restrictions that have prevented me from expressing a greater variety of looks in the past.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:51 PM

Snow layers in progress.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:16 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Great design and textures. Do you have photos of the complete village or the work in progress for it.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:20 PM

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you're asking. I don't think I've mentioned anything about a village in this thread.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:35 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagobahDave View Post
Thanks!

I'm not sure what you're asking. I don't think I've mentioned anything about a village in this thread.
With all of the buildings that you have design, they have to a pattern for rpg. ie: buildings side by side, a street, bridge, road, scenery floor schematic to place the buildings on. Or make them modular diorama style to fit a page which can be placed next to another diorama style page. All of these buildings in a scenario can make up a village with dirt streets. Just think of a bunch of buildings from the LOR, like the Shire, or the first town they entered.
Google Adsense
Old 02-14-2014, 08:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Dave even has various terrain maps that you can place the buildings on. You can find many of his buildings on ecardmodels.com
Old 02-14-2014, 08:59 PM

Ah, I see. If you check out my Facebook group (Dave Graffam Models Collectors), you can find lots of photos of how other folks have arranged my models on their gaming tables.

I actually don't have a collection of printed color models. I don't own any finished models at all, in fact. When I design these models, I print out a white paper test model to make sure the geometry is correct, but I never create a finished color model out of paper. The white paper test model is all I need, and it goes in the fireplace when I'm done with it.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:28 PM

This is how steampunk layers begin. The bright colored elements are 'masks' for the metal sections.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:40 PM

Steampunk layers in progress. This snapshot is a few hours old, so the latest version is a little better than this.

At this point I'm thinking that three separate model kits make the most sense:

Armorer's Workshop: fantasy/medieval theme, multiple layers, optional snow layers, $5

Steampunk Workshop No. 1: steampunk theme, multiple layers, optional snow layers, $5

Armorer of Rake's Corner: fantasy/medieval theme, ready-to-print/one look only (no snow), $3
Old 02-26-2014, 11:29 AM

Coming tomorrow! Here's a look at the Armorer's Workshop multi-layered PDF kit. Here it is showing the optional snow layers.

Google Adsense