PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Dave Winfield's Projects

Old 08-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
I use the Prismacolor pens. There are a ton of colors and it works for me. Just have to be careful applying due to bleeding. Brush Tip Markers | Prismacolor Premier Brush Tip Marker. 200 hundred colors but there aren't cheap. Not sure if this helps. wc
Old 08-05-2016, 01:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wad Cutter View Post
I use the Prismacolor pens. There are a ton of colors and it works for me. Just have to be careful applying due to bleeding. Brush Tip Markers | Prismacolor Premier Brush Tip Marker. 200 hundred colors but there aren't cheap. Not sure if this helps. wc
yup, most of what I use is Prismacolour.
Got a lot of older ones, left over from fine art days.
I was really into marker art.

The fine tip and wide tip allow for different areas of edge colouring.
They don't seem to dry out like some other markers (if you leave the cap off for too long).

I've gotten good at using the markers quick and lightly.
Bleeding is often not too bad.
And, as I mentioned before, if you use a lighter colour on the edges,
the bleed doesn't show as bad.
Always test the colour.

I have taken printed Parts to the art store, and tested the markers right on my card before buying the right colour.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Thank you Dave for the tip on the using lighter color. I didn't know that. wc
Old 08-21-2016, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Another wheel

I've now fabricated a second wheel. Lumpier than the first, alas, but if I keep at it, they should improve.

I cut out the three-ply (~0.6mm) main wheel former using the segmented cutting method.

I drew a center line on the back of the tabbed joining strip for the center tread to make it easier to eyeball the location of the main wheel former.

I also found it easier to insert the main wheel former by folding out the tabs on both sides.

Two down, two to go, then I can start on the smaller nose wheels. I anticipate having a complete Hercules no later than 2026.

If I get past the wheels, I will open up a separate thread and not clutter up this one, Dave.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Working with Hoops - Building a Paper Wheel (C-130)-davewinfield_c-130_wheels09.jpg   Working with Hoops - Building a Paper Wheel (C-130)-davewinfield_c-130_wheels10.jpg   Working with Hoops - Building a Paper Wheel (C-130)-davewinfield_c-130_wheels11.jpg   Working with Hoops - Building a Paper Wheel (C-130)-davewinfield_c-130_wheels12.jpg